Thai steamed cod
Steamed cod with a warm rice noodle salad with bok choy, sugar snap peas, red pepper and carrot in a Thai soy dressing.
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
620 calories per person
High Protein, Dairy Free, Pescatarian Diet,
Not Suitable for home freezing
- Remove the film from the wooden tray and remove the pot of soy, sesame ginger marinade and pot of scallions, ginger and red chili
- Place defrosted cod in a bowl. Season cod with salt & pepper.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the soy, sesame ginger marinade over each piece of cod, and sprinkle over ½ of the ginger, scallions and red chili.
- Cover the bowl of cod with plastic wrap and microwave for 2-3 minutes on 1250 watts microwave or until cooked through. Remove, leave plastic wrap on to keep hot.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of water over the vegetables, remove lid from pot of rice noodles
- Microwave pot of noodles and tray of vegetables for 3 minutes.
- To serve divide noodles and vegetables between 2 plates, top with the cooked cod (do not use cooking juices), dress with remaining soy, sesame ginger marinade and garnish with remaining scallions, ginger and red chilis.
Cod, Pad Thai rice noodles, dry, Baby Bok Choy, Carrot, Sugar snap peas, Red pepper, Soy sauce, Ginger, Sugar light brown, Lime juice, Sunflower oil, Scallion, Sesame oil, Red chilli, Garlic, Lemongrass, Sesame seeds, Chinese 5spice, Salt
Allergens: Gluten, Fish, Sesame, Soybeans
Calories 620, Fat 21g, Saturated fat 3g, Carbohydrates 70g, Protein 37g, Fibre 6g, Sodium 1320mg
.... since I pan-seared the cod, instead of steaming it. And it was wonderful!!
Reason for doing so: we don't like the "...microwave the veggies with some water.."-method and try to avoid it studiously. The best way is to pan-sear the veggies after(!) your proteins. And indeed, it worked beautifully: added a bit sauce to code and pan-fry it 2 min on each side, add to noodles to keep warm and pan-fry the veggies for 4 min while adding remaining sauce. Presto! Loved the dish.
Really tasty, quick, easy - I’m impressed. Not crazy about the pea pods but otherwise yummy.