Thai steamed cod
Steamed cod with a warm rice noodle salad with bok choy, red pepper and carrot in a Thai soy dressing.
Microwave, Raw protein
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 5 days
620 calories per person
High Protein, Dairy Free, Pescatarian Diet, Mediterranean diet
Not Suitable for home freezing
- Pat defrosted cod dry with paper towel then place in a microwavable bowl. Season cod with salt & pepper. Spoon 1 tbsp of the soy, sesame ginger marinade over each piece of cod, and sprinkle over ½ of the ginger, scallions and red chili.
- Cover bowl of cod with plastic wrap & microwave for 2-3 minutes on 1250 watts microwave or until cooked through. Remove, leave plastic wrap on to keep hot. Alternatively you can fry the cod on the stove top.
- Remove all pots from the wooden tray and lid from pot of rice noodles. Spoon 1 tbsp of water over the vegetables, & microwave the tray of vegetables & pot of noodles at the same time for 3 minutes on high.
- To serve divide noodles and vegetables between 2 plates, top with the cooked cod (do not use cooking juices), dress with remaining cold soy, sesame ginger marinade and garnish with remaining scallions, ginger and red chilies.
- For best results when stovetop cooking, use a non-stick frying pan to prevent cod fillets from sticking.
- Our Cod fillets are hand-cut so cooking time may vary. You can check your cod is cooked by ensuring it reaches 145F.
Bone warning: All our fish is deboned, however sometimes a bone can be missed. We apologise if you are the lucky one who finds a bone.
Spice warning (If you would prefer a less spicy dish please refrain from adding the chillies in the finishing pot)
Cod (long line, wild Alaskan MSC certified), Pad Thai rice noodles, dry, Baby Bok Choy, Carrot, Red pepper, Soy sauce, Ginger, Sugar light brown, Lime juice, Sunflower oil, Scallion, Sesame oil, Red chilli, Garlic, Lemongrass, Sesame seeds, Chinese 5spice, Salt
Allergens: Gluten, Fish, Sesame, Soy
Calories 620, Fat 21g, Saturated fat 3g, Carbohydrates 70g,Total sugars 17g, Protein 37g, Fibre 6g, Sodium 1320mg
I am not someone who typically likes cod but I took a chance. The cod was so fresh and no bones. Don't pass on this. It was delicious.
The cod was like butter. The flavors melded together nicely.
The microwave cooking method worked out nicely. Will order again!
We love this dish. Flavors and textures are perfect and delicious! Would love to see more fish dishes like this .
Have been ordering this for several months but the cod seems to be shrinking in size compared to my first order.
I liked this a lot, cod is one of my favorite fish. I read all the reviews prior to cooking, because I’m only cooking for myself I tried different methods. First I sautéed everything, which was a popular option in the reviews the second time I cooked everything in the microwave. I was surprised that I preferred option #2. I did feel the sauce overwhelmed the flavor of the fish so used far less on the 2nd meal. Prior to cooking I chopped the Bok Choy into bite size pieces as it’s easier to cut when raw. This is a meal I will order again.