Sticky Maple Chicken
Chicken breast in a sticky maple mustard glaze on a bed of rosemary & garlic roast root vegetables with smoked bacon & kale.
Oven, Raw protein
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 5 days
660 calories per person
Mediterranean diet, Carb conscious, Soya free, Dairy free, Gluten free, High in protein, High in fibre
Suitable for home freezing
To maximize freshness put the raw chicken straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
1. Preheat oven to 390F
2. Remove film from wooden tray of root vegetables & bacon, remove lemon & reserve for later
3. Tip root vegetables & bacon onto flat baking sheet, season with salt & pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
4. Open pack of chicken breasts, season with salt & pepper on both sides. Move the vegetables to one side of the roasting tray. Place the chicken next to the vegetables.
5. Spoon the maple mustard glaze over the chicken breasts and root vegetables. Roast for a further 15 minutes.
6. Kale: Transfer kale to a microwaveable bowl, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of water and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes depending on your microwave. Drain before serving. Alternatively steam the kale over a pot of boiling water on the stove top or pan fry in oil.
7. Serve chicken on a bed on the roasted vegetables, scatter over the cooked kale and squeeze over juice of quater of lemon per plate or to your taste.
Chicken breast (All natural, hormone free from South Eastern United States), Butternut squash, Red onion, Sweet potato, Carrot, Lemon, Maple syrup, Smoked bacon, Kale, Wholegrain mustard, Olive oil, Lemon zest, Garlic, Brown sugar, Rosemary, Salt, Thyme, Xanthan gum, Smoked paprika.
Calories 660g , Fat 28g, Saturated fat 6g, Carbohydrates 60g, Protein 41g, Fibre 8g, Sodium 680mg
We had a guest over and managed to split this 2-person into a 3-person dish (thankfully the veggies were plentyful) and everybody LOVED this dish.
It needs an oven pre-heated to 390deg, so that adds prep time (if you expected the usual 10-minutes cooking, you might be in a rush if you have a deadline) but that's about the only downside.
Excellent chicken dish with maple mustard sauce and root vegetables. Absolutely delicious!
Really liked this one. Surprising flavors. Good textures.
Delicious combination of butternut squash, sweet potato, carrots, red onions, bacon & chicken. Loved the kale mixed in. Great presentation. The glaze is spectacular. Will order this again!