Sticky Maple Chicken
Chicken breast in a sticky maple mustard glaze on a bed of rosemary & garlic roast root vegetables with smoked bacon & kale.
Stovetop & Microwave , Raw protein
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 5 days
660 calories per person
Mediterranean diet, Soy free, Dairy free, Gluten free, High in protein, High in fibre
Suitable for home freezing
To maximize freshness put the raw chicken straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
For Speedy results Microwave & Stovetop
1. Remove film from tray of root vegetables & bacon, sprinkle with 1 tbsp of water & microwave on high for 10 minutes
2. Season defrosted chicken breasts on both sides. Heat oil in a large non stick pan, add chicken, cook on 1 side for 3 minutes. Turn chicken over then add the microwaved vegetables to the pan with the chicken. Mix vegetables around the pan to distribute the bacon. Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables start to colour.
3. Pour maple mustard glaze over the chicken and vegetables and cook for a further 2 minutes
4. Add kale to the pan, mix well cooking for a further 1 minutes. To serve squeeze 1/2 lemon over each plate.
Alternatively oven cook
1. Preheat oven to 390F. Tip root vegetables & bacon onto flat baking sheet, season with salt & pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
2. Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper on both sides. Move the vegetables to one side of the roasting tray. Place the chicken next to the vegetables. Spoon the maple mustard glaze over the chicken breasts and root vegetables. Roast for a further 15 minutes.
3. Transfer kale ontop of chicken & vegetables drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper and return to oven for 3 minutes.
4. To serve squeeze 1/2 lemon over each plate
- Our chicken breasts are hand-cut so cooking times may vary due to thickness. You can check your chicken is fully cooked by ensuring it reaches 165F.
Chicken breast (All natural, hormone and antibiotic free from South Eastern United States), Butternut squash, Red onion, Sweet potato, Carrot, Lemon, Maple syrup, Smoked bacon, Kale, Wholegrain mustard, Olive oil, Lemon zest, Garlic, Brown sugar, Rosemary, Salt, Thyme, Smoked paprika.
Calories 660 , Fat 28g, Saturated fat 6g, Carbohydrates 60g, Total sugars 30g, Protein 41g, Fibre 8g, Sodium 680mg
I was worried this would be too sweet, but it was so good! I used about half the sauce but I think even all of it would be fine - it had a nice play of tart vinegar and a little sweetness. And the bacon added a lot of flavor. The veggies were plentiful and the dish served two of us generously.
The Sticky Maple Chicken was delicious! The vegetables cooked nicely, the sauce made the dish. This is one of my favorites.
This dish is really good! A great dish for a chilly fall night. The maple flavoring is terrific. And just enough bacon to add some zing.
This is on regular order for me. It is a perfect dish from start to finish. My entire family loves it, including my son who "hates" vegetables and is a picky eater. Well done G & T, more like this please :)
Before I cook a G&T meal I read tge reviews to see if it can use tweaking. I chose the stovetop/microwave option. First I sautéed the kale with a good squeeze of lemon 🍋 & grated lemon rind. After removing it from the pan I sautéed tge chicken which I had pounded equal portions. I then picked the bacon out the microwaved veggies and added it to the chicken to render any fat. Turned the chicken to finish cooking the. Added the veggies and sauce for only a minute to heat as the veggies were sufficiently cooked. I’m not a huge fan of honey mustard but this was delicious, I think the big dose of lemon giving it an agrodolce tang did the trick for me. Yes, I had to wash the greasy lemon,