A rich slow cooked beef and pork ragu enriched with 6 types of vegetables, on a bed of whole wheat spaghetti, served with parmesan & a side of arugula, cherry tomatoes with Italian dressing
A more traditional Italian recipe with Beef and Pork.
Stove Top or Microwave
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 5 days
620 calories per person
Mediterranean, High in Protein, High in Fibre
Ragu & spaghetti suitable for home freezing
For best results cook on Stove top
- Remove lid from pot of ragu & film from tray of spaghetti, reserve parmesan, arugula, tomatoes & Italian dressing
- Transfer ragu & spaghetti to a pot on the stove with a tablespoon water. Mix well and heat through on a medium heat for 5 – 6 minutes until piping hot
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters
- To serve, share the pasta between 2 plates. top with parmesan and serve with arugula & cherry tomatoes dressed with the Italian dressing
To cook in the microwave
- Remove lid from pot of ragu, place back on loosely
- Remove the film from tray of spaghetti, reserve parmesan, arugula, tomatoes & Italian dressing.
- Microwave the pot of ragu for 5 minutes, add the tray of spaghetti and microwave both together for a further 1-2 minutes or until piping hot.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- To serve, share the spaghetti between 2 plates and top with the ragu. Sprinkle over the parmesan and serve with the arugula & cherry tomatoes dressed with the Italian dressing
Water, Tomatoes, Beef (All natural, USDA Choice, from Midwest United States), Spaghetti wholewheat, Tomato, Pork (All natural from United States), Cremini mushrooms, Arugula, Slow roast cherry tomatoes, Carrot, Onion, Slow roast tomato paste, Red wine, Tomato puree, Red pepper, Parmesan, Garlic, Olive oil, Extra virgin olive oil, Lemon zest, Beef base, Vinegar, balsamic, Sunflower oil, Cornflour, Agave syrup, Sugar, Oregano, Vinegar, cider, Salt, Soy sauce, Dijon mustard, Basil, Smoked paprika, Black pepper
Gluten, Milk, Soybeans
Calories 620, Fat 27g, Saturated fat 5g, Carbohydrates 63g, Protein 30g, Fibre 7g, Sodium 930mg
This dish was just chock full of tasty meat and a sauce that compares to my family’s. I also appreciate the ease of preparation. My one negative comment is that I’m not a big fan of whole wheat pasta, it’s a bit tough. I will order this again, though.
This dish comes together so quickly, it has no right to taste so good! The ragu is rich and hearty and the whole wheat pasta stands up to it nicely. We order it regularly, occasionally adding some broccoli or broccolini. I usually save the arugula for another meal.
Very Good Bolognese that comes together in little time.
I do have to add a little extra marinara to the sauce (even after adding water as per the instructions).
The whole wheat pasta is smart and makes me feel less guilty enjoying this dish almost weekly.
We loved the sauce! Husband prefers good ole white pasta over the healthier whole wheat sort. So next time we will just cook our own noodles. But good flavor and not so heavy.
After just returning from southern Italy, I was not expecting it to be so good! Al dente and thick ragu. Will definitely order again.