A rich slow cooked beef ragu enriched with 6 vegetables and lentils, on a bed of whole wheat spaghetti, served with pecorino & a side of arugula, cherry tomatoes with Italian dressing
Stove Top or Microwave
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 5 days
620 calories per serving
Mediterranean, High in Protein, High in Fibre
Ragu & spaghetti suitable for home freezing
For best results cook on Stove top
- Remove lid from pot of ragu & film from tray of spaghetti, reserve pecorino, arugula, tomatoes & Italian dressing
- Transfer ragu & spaghetti to a pot on the stove with a tablespoon water. Mix well and heat through on a medium heat for 5 – 6 minutes until piping hot
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters
- To serve, share the pasta between 2 plates. top with pecorino and serve with arugula & cherry tomatoes dressed with the Italian dressing
To cook in the microwave
- Remove lid from pot of ragu, place back on loosely
- Remove the film from tray of spaghetti, reserve pecorino, arugula, tomatoes & Italian dressing.
- Microwave the pot of ragu for 5 minutes, add the tray of spaghetti and microwave both together for a further 1-2 minutes or until piping hot.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- To serve, share the spaghetti between 2 plates and top with the ragu. Sprinkle over the pecorino and serve with the arugula & cherry tomatoes dressed with the Italian dressing
Tomatoes, Ground beef (All natural from Midwest United States), Whole wheat spaghetti, Arugula, Slow roast cherry tomatoes, Cremini mushrooms, Onion, Slow roast tomato paste, Carrot, Red wine, lentils, Pecorino cheese, Red bell pepper, Garlic, Extra virgin olive oil, Olive oil, Beef stock, Lemon zest, Tomato puree, Sunflower oil, Cornflour, Agave syrup, Oregano, Cider vinegar, Soy sauce, Salt, Dijon mustard, Basil, Smoked paprika, Sugar, Black pepper
Gluten, Milk, Soy
Calories 620, Fat 25g, Saturated fat 5g, Carbohydrates 65g, Protein 31g, Fibre 8g, Sodium 690mg
We loved the sauce! Husband prefers good ole white pasta over the healthier whole wheat sort. So next time we will just cook our own noodles. But good flavor and not so heavy.
After just returning from southern Italy, I was not expecting it to be so good! Al dente and thick ragu. Will definitely order again.
This had good flavor, and I wouldn’t mind having it again. However, the flavor was not particularly special, either, and did not feel worth the cost.
I thought it lacked a little flavor. However, I am comparing it to mine which I use salt pork which is the only flavoring I add. Salting it after the fact doesn't do the trick as you know salt needs to be cooked into the dish. I would order it again, just not my favorite but in the top five.
Great dish - Loved the flavors and everything was so fresh. My husband didn't love the addition of the arugula, but I didn't think that was a huge deal since you could leave it out if you wanted. The pasta was different but really tasty. I really enjoyed it overall.