Shrimp Pad Thai
Authentic shrimp Pad Thai with rice noodles, fried egg and shredded vegetables in a sweet and sour tamarind & soy dressing. Finished with crispy onions, peanuts and a squeeze of lime.
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
780 calories per person
High Protein, Dairy Free, Pescatarian diet
Not suitable for home freezing
To maximise freshness put the shrimps straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
For best results stovetop
- Heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a pan on the stove top on a high heat, add shredded vegetables to the pan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add defrosted raw shrimps (drain liquid), & fry of for a further 2 minutes.
- Add rice noodles, egg and Pad Thai dressing into the pan & cook for 2 minutes until sauce reduces & becomes sticky.
- Portion into two bowls. Cut lime into quarters. Finish with garnish of crispy onions, peanuts, cilantro, chili rings, scallions & a squeeze of lime.
- Drain defrosted raw shrimps and place in bowl with salt and pepper and a tbsp of oil. Plastic wrap. Place in microwave for 4 minutes.
- remove film from large tray reserve Lime, pots of crispy onions & peanuts, scallion, red chili & cilantro and pad Thai dressing. Pour the shredded vegetables out of the clip lock bag into the tray and add to the microwave. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour pad Thai sauce over ingredients in tray and microwave for one more minute or until pipping hot and shrimp cooked through.
- Serve the pad Thai dressed noodles and shredded vegetables between two bowls. Top with shrimp, crispy onions, peanuts, cilantro, chili rings, scallions and a squeeze of lime
Cooking tip: For best results use a non-stick frying pan or wok.
Spice warning (If you would prefer a less spicy dish please refrain from adding the chillies in the finishing pot)
Shrimp (All natural, hormone & antibiotic free farmed in South East Asia), Rice noodles, Carrot, Onion, Egg, whole, raw, fresh, red pepper, Sugar light brown, Fish sauce, Olive oil, Peanuts salted, Tamarind nectar, Sesame oil, Crispy fried onions, Soy sauce, Scallion, Ginger, Red Chili, Garlic, Cilantro, Lime, Sunflower oil, Salt, Red chili flakes
Allergens: Gluten, Crustaceans, Eggs, Fish, Peanuts, Sesame, Soybeans
Calories 780, Fat 31g, Saturated fat 6g, Carbohydrates 93g, Total sugars 30g, Protein 26g, Fibre 5g, Sodium 1940mg
This was a tasty dish and on the table to enjoy in about 5 minutes. Nice amount of good size shrimp that were plump and fresh. We are not big eaters but found the portion of noodles provided to be on the small side for 2 people average portions. There is a kick it. To accommodate my taste, I ran the sauce through a small strainer to remove the hot pepper flakes and set it aside to add separately to my husband's portion and plucked the sliced hot peppers from the container as well. Added them to his meal while plating. A win! win! Nice dish I would order again and add some of my own noodles to it to round up the portion.
I enjoyed this dish very much. It could be a little more spicy for my taste. Having said that I will order again
This dish was not not too spicy, the Pad Thai was delicious. It is one of our favorites. I order it every week!!
Very good and easy to make. My food delivery has gotten later and later each week so I’m considering stopping my order. 5:38 pm is a tad too late. :(
I love Pad Thai, order it all the time, I've made it myself and was really looking forward to trying this version. Didn't taste like any Pad Thai I have ever had. There is usually a peanut taste in the sauce and peanuts as a topping. The carrots and red peppers made it taste sweet, bland shrimp, crunchy onions on top were weird.
I'm a foodie but this was inedible Hate to waste food and this was a waste.