Shrimp Pad Thai
Authentic shrimp Pad Thai with rice noodles, fried egg and shredded vegetables in a sweet and sour tamarind & soy dressing. Finished with crispy onions, peanuts and a squeeze of lime.
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
760 calories per person
High Protein, Dairy Free, Pescatarian diet
Not suitable for home freezing
To maximise freshness put the shrimps straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
For best results stovetop
- Heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a pan on the stove top on a high heat, add shredded vegetables to the pan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add defrosted raw shrimps (drain liquid), & fry of for a further 2 minutes.
- Add rice noodles, egg and Pad Thai dressing into the pan & cook for 2 minutes until sauce reduces & becomes sticky.
- Portion into two bowls. Cut lime into quarters. Finish with garnish of crispy onions, peanuts, cilantro, chili rings, scallions & a squeeze of lime.
- Drain defrosted raw shrimps and place in bowl with salt and pepper and a tbsp of oil. Plastic wrap. Place in microwave for 4 minutes.
- remove film from large tray reserve Lime, pots of crispy onions & peanuts, scallion, red chili & cilantro and pad Thai dressing. Pour the shredded vegetables out of the clip lock bag into the tray and add to the microwave. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour pad Thai sauce over ingredients in tray and microwave for one more minute or until pipping hot and shrimp cooked through.
- Serve the pad Thai dressed noodles and shredded vegetables between two bowls. Top with shrimp, crispy onions, peanuts, cilantro, chili rings, scallions and a squeeze of lime
Spice warning (If you would prefer a less spicy dish please refrain from adding the chillies in the finishing pot)
Shrimp (All natural, hormone & antibiotic free farmed in South East Asia), Rice noodles, Carrot, Onion, Egg, whole, raw, fresh, red pepper, Sugar light brown, Fish sauce, Olive oil, Peanuts salted, Tamarind nectar, Sesame oil, Crispy fried onions, Soy sauce, Scallion, Ginger, Red Chili, Garlic, Cilantro, Lime, Sunflower oil, Salt, Red chili flakes
Allergens: Gluten, Crustaceans, Eggs, Fish, Peanuts, Sesame, Soybeans
Calories 760, Fat 31g, Saturated fat 6g, Carbohydrates 93g, Total sugars 30g, Protein 26g, Fibre 5g, Sodium 1940mg
I've ordered this twice and both times, extremely satisfied. It is very easy to prepare; just the right amount of spice. The moisture and sweetness that comes from the carrots and red peppers balances the spice well. I eat one portion when I make it and save the 2nd one in the fridge for another meal. It keeps well and portion size is just right. This was the first pad thai I ever had and since I ordered some at a restaurant and it was terrible compared to this Georgie & Tom's recipe. I will keep ordering this one.
We love this totally easy to prepare meal. In order to avoid over cooking them, we fry the shrimp first and then put them to the mix at the end. Yum.
I prepared it stove top and it was quick and easy. I will order this again.
Very tasty, only thing missing were the bean sprouts my local takeout adds. I don’t know if they are traditional though. Will order again.
A family favorite that meets the needs of pescatarians. Tangy, complex flavors. very satisfying.