A rich slow cooked beef Shepherds pie, loaded with 5 types of vegetables & lentils topped with crushed potatoes tumbled with kale, leeks & vintage cheddar cheese served with haricot vert
Microwave or oven
530 calories per person
Mediterranean diet, Gluten free, Soy free, High in protein, High in Fibre
For best results & a golden brown topping
- Preheat oven to 350F, remove film. Reserve haricot vert & remove greaseproof paper. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven & allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cooking the haricot vert
- Microwave: Transfer haricot vert to a microwavable bowl. Add a tablespoon of water and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- On stove top: Transfer haricot vert to steamer. Steam over a pan of boiling water for 2 to 4 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve the Shepherds’ pie using a fish spatula with haricot vert on the side.
For speedy results
- Remove film,reserve haricot vert & remove greaseproof paper. Microwave on full power for 6-7 minutes or until piping hot.
- Remove from microwave & allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve using a fish spatula, with haricot vert on the side.
Potato, Beef ground (All natural from Mid West United States), Tomatoes, Leeks, Haricot vert, Carrot, Onion, Red wine, Cheddar cheese, Cremini mushrooms, Tomato puree, Celery, Lentils, Kale, Olive oil, Beef stock, Garlic, Butter, Parsley, Cornflour, Salt, Worcestershire sauce, Chives, Thyme, Smoked paprika, Bay leaf, Black pepper, Rosemary.
Calories 530, Fat 21g, Saturated fat 8g, Carbohydrates 69g, Protein 40g, Fibre 9g, Sodium 850mg.
I didn't read the ingredient list prior to ordering so I was kind of confused when I first opened the meal and saw all the kale... I thought: "Ugh!" I was very pleasantly surprised at how flavorful and well seasoned (without being salty) everything was! It is a very hearty and filling meal (half portion). I would not have ordered it if I had initially read the ingredient list but I'm glad I got it. Would order again!
Not traditional Shepherds Pie but good flavors. Just not my favorite
Normally I love shepherds pie, but was disappointed with this one. Sauce was tomato based, needed more beef.
This dish was ok, but we won’t be ordering it again. I’m not understanding the addition of lentils to your meat dishes, unless you’re trying to save money by using less ground beef. Very little potatoes on top, and why the kale bits? This dish gave me mad gas,
This is the nicest Shepherd's pie I've ever had - filling but not greasy or too heavy at all, really flavorful with lots of great textures from the mix of veggies. Definitely a new favorite.