Sesame coated Yellow fin tuna with a miso ginger marinade served with avocado & fresh vegetable slaw all dressed with a soy, ginger & sesame dressing
740 calories per person
Carb conscious, Mediterranean, Paleo, Pescatarian, Dairy free, High in Protein, High in Fibre
Tuna & soy, ginger & sesame dressing suitable for freezing.
To maximize freshness put the tuna straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
- Season tuna steaks with salt & pepper. Tip sesame seeds onto a separate small plate
Coating your tuna in sesame seeds
- Spread ¼ of the miso marinade onto one side of one tuna steak. Press the tuna steak down into the sesame seeds, (miso marinade side down) to coat in sesame seeds.
- Turn the tuna steak back over. Spread another ¼ of miso marinade onto the uncoated side, turn over again, press to coat remaining side in sesame seeds. REPEAT with the 2nd tuna steak.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sear tuna for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or to your liking.
- Reserve cilantro,add radishes to the slaw & slice avocado.
- Serve the tuna with the slaw, avocado, drizzling the soya, ginger & sesame dressing over all ingredients. Finish with reserved cilantro.
Tuna, Avocado, White cabbage, Red cabbage, Soya beans, Sugar snap peas, Carrot, Honey, Radish, Ginger, Sesame oil, Lime juice, Soya sauce, White sesame seeds, Black sesame seeds, Olive oil, Scallion, Miso paste, Red chili, Cilantro, Garlic, Shaoxing rice wine.
Fish, Gluten, Soy
Calories 740, Fat 47g, Saturated fat 7g, Carbohydrates 35g, Protein 44g, Fibre 14g, Sodium 410mg
Love this one. Tons of slaw, avocado was perfectly ripe.
The tuna was as good as any restaurant. Caramelized on the top and buttery smooth inside. The slaw was huge and delicious.
My only suggestion would be to include a larger amount of the miso marinade so that we could really coat both steaks.
Definitely will order again!