Pork Bao buns
Slow cooked shredded pork in a sticky Chinese 5 spice, ginger, soy dressing in soft bao buns finished with pickled vegetables, cucumber, peanuts & cilantro
Microwave or Stove top
720 calories per person
Mediterranean, High in Protein, Dairy free
Bao buns & sticky pulled pork suitable for home freezing
5 days life on delivery
To maximise freshness put the Bao buns in the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed outside of the fridge
The Bao buns
- Remove film from wooden tray, remove all contents to leave paper insert. Open pack of sticky pork & transfer to the empty tray. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes depending on your microwave until piping hot.
- Open film from tray of Bao buns, microwave for 1 minutes or until buns are warmed through.
- Boil a pot of water on the stove. Remove film from tray of bao buns, brush a small amount oil onto base of a steamer to stop sticking. Transfer buns to the steamer with a lid & steam over the pot of simmering water for 2 to 3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Remove film from wooden tray, open pack of sticky pork & transfer to a pot of the stove top. Warm on a medium heat, adding a tablespoon of water to stop burning if required.
- Slice cucumber into thin sticks.
- Place the warmed pork, warmed bao buns, cucumber sticks, pickle, peanuts and cilantro in the centre of the table for self -assembly.
Suggested assembly order: Gently open up the bao buns, spoon 1 dessert spoon of sticky pork into the bottom and spread flat, top with pickled vegetables, cucumber, peanuts and finish with a sprig of cilantro.
Bao buns, Pork(All natural from United States), Hoisin sauce, Cucumber, Ginger,Cider vinegar, Peanuts, Brown sugar, Garlic,Soy sauce, Shoaxing rice wine, Carrot, Radish, Red cabbage, Sesame oil, Sunflower oil, Red chili, Red onion, Cilantro, Lime juice, Green chili, Chinese 5 spice, Coriander seeds, Salt, Cumin sees, Fennel seeds, Star anise,Black pepper.
Allergens: Gluten, Peanuts, Soy
Calories 720, Fat 26g, Saturated fat 4.5g, Carbohydrates 86g, Protein 34g, Fibre 3g, Sodium 1020mg
Approximately 180 calories per filled bao bun
We loved this. In fact we are thinking of making it our entire order one week, then serving it alongside cocktails to some
As a single person, I'm prepping these two or three at a time. I put the buns in the freezer and take out to thaw just what I'm going to eat shortly before cooking. Then I put the spoonful of pork into each of the cold buns and steam the assembly for about 3 minutes before adding the other elements. Next I time will remember to grease the steamer so the buns don't stick. Four stars is because there's one sort of smokey flavor there I'm not crazy about - maybe the five spice? But that's just me. Love all the rest. Using steaming to reheat gives the buns a texture like you'd find in bao from Chinatown. Cucumbers and peanuts add a nice crunch.
Fabulous combination of flavors. I will definitely order again!
This was a great meal. Easy to prep and the flavors melded wonderfully. Particularly liked the crunch of the cucumber sticks.