Californian fish tacos
Cod fillet with our signature mango salsa, yoghurt and lightly pickled vegetables all served on soft corn tacos
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
670 calories per person
Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Gluten free, Soya Free
Cod & tacos suitable for home freezing, excluding the salsa, yoghurt, pickle and cilantro
To maximise freshness put raw cod straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
(3 tacos per person)
- Cut the fish into 6 pieces. Toss the fish in the coating
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on a high heat and fry each side of fish for 2-3 minutes
- How to warm through the tortillas
- For best results stove top or oven
- (Heating corn tortillas makes them malleable, too little heating can result in cracking)
- On the stove top: Heat tortillas in a dry frying pan over a high heat for a 20-30 seconds on each side
- In the oven: Pre-heat oven to 300F. Wrap all 6 tortillas in foil all together, place in oven for 6 -8 minutes to until warmed through
- In the microwave: Place all 6 tortillas on a plate fanned out & microwave for 45 seconds
- To serve put all the ingredients in the centre of the table to share for self assembly
- Suggested assembly: Spoon mango salsa/yoghurt into centre of tortilla, followed by the cooked fish, pickled vegetables, finishing with the fresh herbs
Cod (Alaskan, Pacific ocean, wild long line caught), Corn tortillas, Yoghurt, Mango, Pineapple, Cider vinegar, Olive oil, Onion, Sugar, Fine polenta, Lemon zest, Carrot, Radish, Red cabbage, Red onion, Red chili, Cilantro, Green chili, Salt, Coriander, Garlic, Cumin, Smoked paprika, Cayenne pepper, Garlic powder, Lemon juice, Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds, Star anise, Black pepper.
Allergens: Fish, Milk
Calories 670, Fat 26g, Saturated fat 4,5g, Carbohydrates 68g, Protein 40g, Fibre 3g, Sodium 830mg
Approximately 223 calories per filled taco
One of my favorite menu items. Easy to prepare and everyone enjoys. High quality ingredients for a perfect casual meal.
I wish there was a recommended way to do it with less oil/fat. It tastes great. Kids love it. But hard to make 3 full tacos out of the small amount of fish.
This dish uses a combination of flavors I'm not at all used to, but I found they really worked well together. Love that mango salsa! A little more cooking and assembling than some of the other dishes, but easy to do and worth it for the result.
This is one of my favorite G & T meals. Highly recommend!
I love this dish. I order it regularly. Easy to make and delicious.