Slow-cooked beef & black bean chili with brown rice, homemade cornbread muffins, tomato & corn salsa garnished with cheese & fresh lime
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 5 days
690 calories per person
Pot of chili suitable for home freezing
How to cook
1. Remove lid from pot of chili, place back on loosely & microwave for 4 minutes on high, remove & stir.
2. Remove all contents from wooden tray except for brown rice, Add 1 tbsp water to the rice. Microwave tray of rice with pot of chili for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Slice tomatoes into 1/4's, mix with corn and scallions, squeeze over lime & season to make salsa.
4. Microwave corn muffins for 30 seconds until warm & moist. Alternatively for best results you can warm corn muffins for 10 minutes in the oven at 350F.
5. Serve chili over rice topped with salsa, cheddar cheese and a squeeze of fresh lime
Beef (Ground All natural, USDA choice from Midwest United states), Brown rice, Black beans, Red pepper, Tomatoes, Lime, Sweetcorn, Tomato, Onion, Cheddar cheese, Sunflower oil, Tomato puree, Carrot, Celery, raw, Wheat flour, Milk 2% fat, Sugar, Scallion, Fine polenta, Egg whole, Garlic, Corn starch, Salt, Beef base, Cilantro, Smoked paprika, Baking powder, Cumin, Chili powder, Coriander ground, Orange juice, Garlic powder, Cayenne pepper, Chipotle powder, Black pepper, Oregano dried
Egg, Gluten, Milk, Soybeans
Calories 690, Fat 28g, Saturated fat 7g, Carbohydrates 78g, Protein 32g, Fibre 9g, Sodium 1210mg
The chili was quick & satisfying, but I was expecting more cornbread flavor from the muffin. There's none.
It's still a fine meal without the cornbread so I'll definitely order again, but I'll have to get my cornbread fix elsewhere.
My husband was looking forward this as he is more of a Chili eater than I am. We both loved it! The corn, tomatoes, black beans, rice, and generous chunks of beef made for a hearty and flavorful dish. Very well balanced. The biggest surprise was the corn muffin! Soft and delicious, it was the perfect accompaniment! Perfect!