Sesame coated Yellow fin tuna with a miso ginger marinade served with avocado & fresh vegetable slaw. All dressed with a soy, ginger & sesame dressing.
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
740 calories per person
Carb conscious, Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Dairy free, High in Protein, High in Fibre
Tuna & soy, ginger & sesame dressing suitable for freezing.
To maximize freshness put the tuna straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
- Tip sesame seeds onto a separate small plate
Coating your tuna in sesame seeds
- Spread ¼ of the miso marinade onto one side of one tuna steak. Press the tuna steak down into the sesame seeds, (miso marinade side down) to coat in sesame seeds.
- Turn the tuna steak back over. Spread another ¼ of miso marinade onto the uncoated side, turn over again, press to coat remaining side in sesame seeds. REPEAT with the 2nd tuna steak.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sear tuna for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or to your liking.
- Reserve cilantro, add radishes to the slaw & slice avocado.
- Serve the tuna with the slaw, avocado, drizzling the soy, ginger & sesame dressing over all ingredients. Finish with reserved cilantro.
Tuna (Yellowfin, Wild line caught from North & South USA), Avocado, White cabbage, Red cabbage, Edamame, Sugar snap peas, Carrot, Honey, Radish, Ginger, Sesame oil, Lime juice, Soy sauce, White sesame seeds, Black sesame seeds, Olive oil, Scallion, Miso paste, Red chilli, Cilantro, Garlic, Shaoxing rice wine.
Fish, Gluten, Soybeans
Calories 740, Fat 47g, Saturated fat 7g, Carbohydrates 35g, Protein 44g, Fibre 14g, Sodium 550mg
This dish absolutely was in the top10 best dishes we had from G&T's so far: it was easy to put together, tasted very good... but, wait for it: the taste & smell both lasted wonderfully even after eating it! If you had Korean/Sesame-Oil dishes you will know what I'm saying.. a good Sesame Oil just lingers on your taste buds, the flavors "stay with you" even after eating. It was wonderful (My wife is very picky when it comes to Korean groceries, and she said admiringly "... they must have used a very good Sesame Oil brand..."). Well done Team G&T!
Beautiful and plentiful amount of fish. Super easy to prepare. Light and satisfying with a chilled crisp bubbly. FANTASTIC! For a heartier meal, pair up with some rice or grains. Other than that, a light lunch alternative, protein packed and beautiful.
Love the tuna salad seems dry and not enough. Needs more greens or rice etc
I loved how easy it was to make this. The fish was SUPER fresh, and tasted amazing. However, the "slaw salad" is nothing to write home about and leaves you still hungry. There should be another side added to this meal like a rice/farro/ some type of grain to bulk it up.
So worth every penny - It is even better than the restaurant I usually order from. Their's has officially taken a back seat. Easy to prepare and delicious right down to the last sesame seed! This one is going into my regular meal rotation. Highly recommend!