Roast squash & sage butter pappardelle
Roasted butternut squash & sage butter pappardelle with garlic thyme mushrooms, wilted collard greens & toasted hazelnuts. Finished with freshly grated pecorino & a squeeze of lemon.
Stovetop / microwave
Vegetarian, Soy free, High Fibre
How to Cook
For best results stovetop
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to pan, fry collard greens for 1-2 minutes, season with salt & pepper.
- Reserve Pecorino, Hazelnuts, and Sage Butter. (Throw away parchment paper)
- Add butternut squash, mushrooms & pappardelle into pan with collard greens, cook for 3-4 minutes until piping hot.
- Take pan of heat, Squeeze over 1/2 lemon, make a well in the centre of ingredients, add sage butter, mix well until melted and everything is coated in butter.
- Serve between two plates, season with salt & pepper to taste, top with grated pecorino, hazelnuts, and an additional squeeze of 1/4 lemon per plate. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to finish if you have.
- Reserve Pecorino, Hazelnuts, and Sage Butter.
- Place collard greens into a large microwavable bowl with 1 tbsp water, season with salt & pepper. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove parchment paper from wooden tray, empty sage butter into centre of tray on top of squash, mushrooms & pappardelle. Microwave for 3 - 4 minutes or until piping hot.
- Leave collard greens in bowl but drain any excess liquid. Add squash, mushrooms & pappardelle to same bowl. Season with salt & pepper, add juice of 1/2 lemon & mix well.
- Serve between two plates, top with grated pecorino, hazelnuts, and an additional squeeze of 1/4 lemon per plate. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if you have.
Ingredients list: Butternut squash, Pappardelle (Egg pasta), Cremini mushrooms, Collards, Lemon, Butter, Olive oil, Pecorino Cheese, Hazelnuts, Garlic, Parsley, Sunflower oil, Salt, Dried sage leaves, Black pepper, Nutmeg, Thyme, dried
Product is suitable to freeze except for hazelnuts
Gluten, Eggs, Milk, Tree Nuts
Nutritional information per portion
710 Cals, Fat 32g, Sat Fat 10g, Protein 23g, Fibre 9g, Carbohydrates 82g, Total Sugars 3g, sodium 910mg,
My husband liked this dish (I am allergic to mushrooms so I passed- can you make more dishes without mushrooms, please?! ) but I wonder if substituting carmelized onions for the mushrooms would make it even more tasty. And some additional seasoning with the sage butter would help too.
Absolutely delicious! The combination of ingredients is delectable . I’m ordering this again and again.
Plenty for 2 people easy to get on the table.Delicious too
A lot of the flavor comes from butter with sage and it doesn't take the dish far enough in flavoring. The butternut squash wasn't sweet enough to bring out the savory taste of the sage butter so it felt more like a fancy buttered noodles dish. I do like that greens were added because otherwise the meal has no real health metric. I also cooked this in a pan and added salt and pepper but still felt like something was missing. Carmelized Onion? More of a sage dressing needed? Hard to pinpoint it exactly.
We thought this was super delish, seasoning is key. Tasted like something you'd pay $30+ for at a restaurant in NYC