Pork Bao buns
Slow cooked shredded pork in a sticky Chinese 5 spice, ginger, soy dressing in soft bao buns finished with pickled vegetables, cucumber, peanuts & cilantro
Microwave or Stove top
4 days life from delivery
720 calories per person
Mediterranean, High in Protein, Dairy free
Bao buns & sticky pulled pork suitable for home freezing
To maximise freshness put the Bao buns in the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed outside of the fridge
The Bao buns
- Remove film from wooden tray, remove all contents to leave paper insert. Open pack of sticky pork & transfer to the empty tray. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes depending on your microwave until piping hot.
- Open film from tray of Bao buns, microwave for 1 minutes or until buns are warmed through.
- Boil a pot of water on the stove. Remove film from tray of bao buns, brush a small amount oil onto base of a steamer to stop sticking. Transfer bao buns to the steamer with a lid & steam over the pot of simmering water for 2 to 3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Remove film from wooden tray, open pack of sticky pork & transfer to a pot of the stove top. Warm on a medium heat, adding a tablespoon of water to stop burning if required.
- Slice cucumber into thin sticks.
- Place the warmed pork, warmed bao buns, cucumber sticks, pickle, peanuts and cilantro in the centre of the table for self -assembly.
Suggested assembly order: Gently open up the bao buns, spoon 1 dessert spoon of sticky pork into the bottom and spread flat, top with pickled vegetables, cucumber, peanuts and finish with a sprig of cilantro.
Bao buns, Pork(All natural from United States), Hoisin sauce, Cucumber, Ginger,Cider vinegar, Peanuts, Brown sugar, Garlic,Soy sauce, Shoaxing rice wine, Carrot, Radish, Red cabbage, Sesame oil, Sunflower oil, Red chili, Red onion, Cilantro, Lime juice, Green chili, Chinese 5 spice, Coriander seeds, Salt, Cumin sees, Fennel seeds, Star anise,Black pepper.
Allergens: Gluten, Peanuts, Soy
Calories 720, Fat 26g, Saturated fat 4.5g, Carbohydrates 86g, Protein 34g, Fibre 3g, Sodium 1020mg
Approximately 180 calories per filled bao bun
Pork buns were my first meal choice due to reviews. We loved them! My husband heated them up using the microwave and I was worried the buns would get rubbery. They were delicious and I’m not a microwave user! Definitely will order these again soon!
3/4 of us agree, this was yummy. This was our first meal with Georgie and Tom's. I was so excited and the meal did not disappoint.
So these are awesome. If you’re looking for something sweet for dinner this can’t be beat. The pork tasted like candy and comes together in no time at all. It’s amazing. Truly. Also 4 Bao buns per person which was perfect. Husband was beyond impressed. This company can’t be beat.
These were amazing. I loved the flavors, the cucumbers added a nice crunch and the 8 buns were just right for everything to get used completely. I will order these again and maybe feed my husband something else so I can feast twice!
Pork buns are very tasty, easy to assemble, and quick prep time.