Mexican bean & quinoa burrito bowl
Mexican bean chilli with quinoa, avocado, tofu cream & our homemade red pepper, tomato & lime salsa
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 5 days
620 calories per person
Vegetarian, Vegan, Mediterranean diet, Gluten free, Dairy free, High in Fibre
Not Suitable for home freezing
- Remove film & all items from large wooden tray. Open bag of quinoa, tip into empty wooden tray, spread evenly, cover with the greaseproof paper.
- Remove lid from pot of bean chilli and place back on loosely, Microwave on full for 3 minutes, remove & stir.
- Add tray of quinoa to microwave with the pot of bean chilli and microwave for a further 2 minutes or until pipping hot.
- Slice tomatoes into quarters, slice avocado, cut lime in half
- Serve bean chilli with quinoa in a bowl with avocado, tomatoes, scallions, a dollop of red salsa and tofu cream. Finish with a squeeze of lime
Avocado, Tomato, Tofu, Red pepper, Lime, Black beans, Cannellini beans, Pinto beans, Quinoa, Yellow pepper, Roasted red peppers, Onion, Red Onion, Olive oil, Carrot, Extra virgin olive oil, Scallion, Slow roast tomato paste, Garlic, Sugar, Lime juice, Cilantro, Sunflower oil, Smoked paprika, Lemon, Salt, Red wine vinegar, Tamari, Red chilli, Cumin, Chilli powder, Coriander ground, Garlic powder, Oregano, Black pepper, Chipotle powder, Cayenne pepper.
Calories 620, Fat 37g, Saturated fat 5g, Carbohydrates 56g, Total sugars 11g, Protein 16g, Fibre 17g, Sodium 690mg
This is one of the heartiest dishes available. I really enjoy bulking it up a bit more by adding either chicken breast or cod. You can easily spoon this dish into tortillas and bulk it up that way as well. The only thing I would change about this dish is maybe adding an ingredient with a bit of crunch to it, just for texture purposes.
This is a great alternative to a heavier chili. When I have my vegetarian friends over after skiing, we ofter this option
and it is a big hit. I'm not vegetarian, but I love a great quinoa dish hits all the right spots.
My schedule got crazy and I didn’t get to eat this until the final date stamped on the package. Tasted fresh and delicious!
All the ingredients were fresh and flavorful! Cooking it was a breeze with little too no effort, which is essential for on the go people. Keep up the good work Georgie and Tom (and keep the new menus coming)!
I thought this would be a blah bowl but it was SO good. Loved the crunch of the green onions, the creamy salsa.. everything about it was so good