Mexican bean & quinoa burrito bowl
Mexican bean & sweet potato chilli with quinoa, avocado, tofu cream & our homemade jalapeno & cilantro salsa. Finished with a fresh corn, tomato and scallion salad
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 5 days
610 calories per person
Vegetarian, Vegan, Mediterranean diet, Gluten free, Dairy free, High in Fibre
Pot of bean chilli & quinoa suitable for home freezing
- Remove lid from pot of bean chili & place back on loosely. Microwave on full power for 3 minutes,remove & stir.
- Remove film & all items from large wooden tray. Tip quinoa into empty wooden tray, cover with parchment.
- Place bean chili back in microwave along with tray of quinoa. Microwave for a further 2 minutes or until pipping hot.
- Quarter tomatoes, mix with corn & scallions. Slice avocado & quarter lime.
- Serve chilli in bowl with quinoa, avocado, corn, tomato & scallion salad, jalapeno & cilantro salsa & tofu cream. Finish with a squeeze of lime
Avocados, Tomatoes, Tofu, Lime, Red pepper, Quinoa, Tomato, Sweet potato, Sweetcorn, Yellow pepper, Black beans, Cannellini beans, Pinto beans, Onion, Green Peppers, Cilantro, Carrot, Tomatoes, sun-dried, Sunflower oil, Olive oil, Scallion, Lime juice, Tomato puree, Green chilli, Sugar light brown, Extra virgin olive oil, Garlic, Sugar, Salt, Agave syrup, Smoked paprika, Tamari, Cumin, Coriander ground, Chilli powder, Cinnamon, Garlic powder, Cayenne pepper, Chipotle powder, Black pepper.
Cals 610, Fat 31g, Sat Fat 4.5g, Protein 16g, Fibre 17g, Carbohydrates 66g, Total Sugars 16g, sodium 860mg
OMG This was stunning, love the hardwork into this dish
Sadly, my avocado was half rotten even though I made this three days before it was supposed to expire. The tofu sauce was bizarre tasting and didn’t make sense with the rest of the dish. The quinoa wasn’t salted. Nothing went together. Not going to be a reorder. Glad I have other favorites though!
This is one of the heartiest dishes available. I really enjoy bulking it up a bit more by adding either chicken breast or cod. You can easily spoon this dish into tortillas and bulk it up that way as well. The only thing I would change about this dish is maybe adding an ingredient with a bit of crunch to it, just for texture purposes.
This is a great alternative to a heavier chili. When I have my vegetarian friends over after skiing, we ofter this option
and it is a big hit. I'm not vegetarian, but I love a great quinoa dish hits all the right spots.
My schedule got crazy and I didn’t get to eat this until the final date stamped on the package. Tasted fresh and delicious!