Lime & chili chicken
Thai inspired lime, chilli & ginger marinated chicken with avocado, carrot, tomato & cucumber herb salad, our homemade sweet chili dressing & peanuts.
Oven / Broiler
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
640 calories per person
Carb conscious, Mediterranean, Dairy free, Soy free, Gluten free, High in Protein, High in Fibre
To maximise freshness put the chicken straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
Chicken suitable for home freezing
How to Cook the chicken
For best results oven cook
- Preheat oven to 350oF
- Open pack of lime chilli chicken, transfer to a baking tray with the residual liquid (helps to keep chicken moist), cook for 10 minutes or until cooked all the way through
- Preheat broiler to maximum
- Open pack of lime chilli chicken, transfer to a baking tray with the residual liquid (helps to keep chicken moist), cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked all the way through
The herb salad
- Remove sweet chilli dressing from fridge to become liquid again
- Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters, cucumber into sticks and the slice the avocado
- Serve the cooked chicken with the carrot, scallions / herbs, tomatoes, cucumber & avocado drizzled with the sweet chilli dressing & peanuts
Chicken breast (All natural hormone free from South Eastern United States), Avocado, Carrot, Tomato,
Cucumber, Lime juice, Light brown sugar, Dry roasted peanuts, Ginger, Red chili, Garlic, Extra virgin olive oil, Fish sauce,
Scallion, Olive oil, Cilantro, Mint, Turmeric
Allergens: Crustaceans, Fish, Peanuts
Calories 640, Fat 32g, Saturated fat 5g, Carbohydrates 47g, Protein 42g, Fibre 11g, Sodium 630mg
Great marinade & great dressing. The salad was good as usual but I do find the shaved carrots to be a bit repetitive across many of their meals.
The veggie slaw was really good, but the chicken had a slight hint of curry. We were expecting a more Mexican flavor, so the flavor threw us. Still good, maybe heavy on the ginger.
This dish is so flavorful! Baked & broiled it. The chicken is so moist it melts in your mouth. Will definitely order this again!
We followed the oven instructions (for best results, bake) but after 15min the chicken was still "medium rare", so off into the oven for another 10min until it was cooked well.. and then it was dry. I think we'll experiment, like Heather just said, to pan sear the chicken next time.
I always pan sear the chicken, 3-4 minutes each side. This meal is so full of flavor, you get a nice crunch from the carrots and peanuts, pops of mint and cilantro, and the dressing is a little sweet and spicy but perfectly balanced and refreshingly acidic. The avocado held up well and was ripe when it arrived so I kept it in the fridge until I was ready to make this. Eating this leaves me feeling satisfied and energized, like I have done something good for my body!