Fajita marinated chicken strips with avocado, corn, tomato and lime salsa all wrapped up in whole grain tortillas
Shelf-life: Delivery plus 4 days
690 calories per person
Mediterranean, Soya Free, High in Protein, High in Fibre
Marinated chicken & tortillas suitable for home freezing
(2 tortillas per person)
- Open pack of marinated raw fajita chicken.
- Open wooden tray containing red & yellow peppers, corn, cilantro, tomatoes, red onion, yoghurt etc
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on a high heat, add marinated raw fajita chicken & red & yellow pepeprs, season with salt & pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables have softened
How to warm through the tortillas
On the stove top: Heat tortillas in a dry frying pan over a high heat for a few seconds on each side
In the oven: Preheat oven to 300F, wrap tortillas altogether in foil and heat through for 6-8 minutes or until warm
In the microwave: Place all 4 tortillas on a plate fanned out & microwave for 30 seconds
- Corn & tomato salsa: Open pot of corn, tip into a bowl, finely dice red onion, chop tomatoes and mix with the corn. Squeeze half a lime over the corn tomato salsa and mix.
- Slice the avocado, slice the remaining half of lime into 4 pieces To serve, put all the ingredients in the centre of the table to share for self-assembly
Suggested assembly: Spoon yoghurt down the centre of the tortilla followed by the corn & tomato salsa, the cooked chicken & vegetables, slices of avocado, cilantro and a squeeze remaining lime
Chicken breast (All natural hormone free, from south eastern United States), Avocado, Whole wheat tortillas, Yogurt, Lime, Sweetcorn, Tomato, Red bell pepper, Yellow bell pepper, Red onion, Scallions, Olive oil, Garlic, Cilantro, Chili powder, Cumin, Smoked paprika, Coriander, Garlic powder
Allergens: Dairy, Gluten
Calories 690, Fat 30g, Saturated fat 8g, Carbohydrates 64g, Protein 41g, Fibre 19g, Sodium 660mg
Approximately 345 calories per filled tortilla
I really liked these, the flavor was really good. The yoghurt was nice, but I did season it with a dry mix of garlic, onion and chipotle peppers for spice because my husband really likes his food spicy. It was really easy to cook and put together - altogether a winner.
I don't know about you, but these looked pretty straight forward to me and they tasted that way too, really good! Loved the mix of flavors, the yogurt was a fun surprise instead of sour cream and loved the fresh avocado slices in lieu of guacamole. Very easy to make and filled us up. If you like chicken and tacos, you will like these. All the great tastes with none of the hassle of buying all the separate ingredients.