Californian fish tacos
Cod fillet with our signature mango salsa, yoghurt and lightly pickled vegetables all served on soft corn tacos
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
640 calories per person
Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Gluten free, Soya Free
Cod & tacos suitable for home freezing, excluding the salsa, yoghurt, pickle and cilantro
To maximise freshness put raw cod straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
(3 tacos per person)
- Cut the fish into 6 pieces. Toss the fish in the coating
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on a high heat and fry each side of fish for 2-3 minutes
- How to warm through the tortillas
- For best results stove top or oven
- (Heating corn tortillas makes them malleable, too little heating can result in cracking)
- On the stove top: Heat tortillas in a dry frying pan over a high heat for 1 minute turning every 15 seconds
- In the oven: Pre-heat oven to 300F. Wrap all 6 tortillas in foil all together, place in oven for 8 minutes to until warmed through
- In the microwave: Place all 6 tortillas on a plate fanned out & microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds
- To serve put all the ingredients in the centre of the table to share for self assembly
- Suggested assembly: Spoon mango salsa/yoghurt into centre of tortilla, followed by the cooked fish, pickled vegetables, finishing with the fresh herbs
Cod (Alaskan, Pacific ocean, wild long line caught), Corn tortillas, Yoghurt, Mango, Pineapple, Cider vinegar, Olive oil, Onion, Sugar, Fine polenta, Lemon, Carrot, Radish, Red cabbage, Red onion, Red chilli, Cilantro, Green chilli, Salt, Coriander, Garlic, Cumin, Smoked paprika, Cayenne pepper, Garlic powder, Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds, Star anise, Black pepper.
Allergens: Fish, Milk
Calories 640, Fat 25g, Saturated fat 3.5g, Carbohydrates 70g, Protein 33g, Fibre 7g, Sodium 620mg
Approximately 213 calories per filled taco
Made these the day after we received our box and the fish was chewy and fairly flavorless, even with the seasoning. The protein portion is a little on the small side as others have noted, I definitely would have liked more mango salsa and pickled veggies. Additionally, a small side for the tacos would be appreciated. Probably wouldn't order this meal again.
Love this company and the quality is EXACTLY what I've been searching for. The recipes are easy to cook up. CONS: Every meal for two including this one is barely enough protein for one adult. We have to keep on getting extra meals like a roll of sushi to be full :/ Wish they would have an extra protein option because without being full after eating, it takes away the point of ordering from them. Also, website functionality to skip a week is not optimal.
This was easy to prepare and tasted amazing.....only problem was the soft shells fell apart easily.
This is one of our favorites but unfortunately there is not enough fish for two people. We always have to buy extra fish, which is annoying.
I had these once before and must have done something better this time because fish was great as well as choice of of condiments. I did not like the consistency of this taco, I wonder if there is a reason to use these corn tortillas, they did say when heated they can crack, which does not happen when I eat flour tortilla. They actually fell apart so the taco experience wasn’t there. The filling was great…