Beef in red wine with root vegetable mash
A rich beef in red wine stew with carrots, kale and a root vegetable mash
5 days life from delivery
520 calories per person
Mediterranean diet, Gluten free, High in fibre
Suitable for home freezing
Microwave for best results
- Remove lid from pot of beef in red wine stew & place back on loosely. Microwave on full power for 4 minutes.
- Remove lid from pot of root vegetable mash & place lid back on loosely.
- Remove pot of stew from microwave, stir & place back in microwave along with pot of mash for a further 2 minutes.(Lids loosely on both pots) Ensure stew & mash are piping hot. Remove from microwave & place lids back on to keep hot.
- Empty bag of vegetables into a microwaveable bowl with 1 tablespoon water, microwave for 2 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Season to taste. Alternatively steam the vegetables on the stove top.
- Serve stew on a bed of mash with vegetables
Beef (All natural, USDA choice from mid west United States), Red wine, Butternut squash, Parsnip, Rutabaga, Carrot, Shallot, Onion, Cremini mushrooms, Olive oil, Haricot vert, Kale, Butter, Parmesan, Beef stock, Garlic, Tomato puree, Cornflour, Salt, Thyme, Smoked paprika, Black pepper
Allergens: Milk, Soy
Calories 520, Fat 30g, Saturated fat 8g, Carbohydrates 28g, Protein 25g, Fibre 6g, Sodium 700mg
Pretty Good Comfort Food. Flavorful.
This is a pretty good rendition of the dish, and one that I would re-order from time to time. I would probably give this 3.5 stars.
This dish had such great reviews and looks amazing, I just wanted to love it. But I didn't :(. To be completely honest - it looks nothing like it does in the picture which is a surprise because most of the meals look EXACLTY like the picture. The veggies we doused in the sauce, not resting on top. And the sauce and meet were this red color, not the beautiful brown you see. The sauce itself was a little bland and tasted a bit like canned soup. Just not my cup of tea... But you can't win them all!
I thoroughly enjoyed this “root mash” rendition of beef stew. Expect to reorder again and again !
This is still one of my top three dishes from Georgie & Toms taste-wise. Phenomenal flavor! That said, the portion size is much too small. And it seems like it has gotten smaller since I first joined. Definitely does not seem like a complete meal. Recently, I have had to supplement with a large baguette. At least give us more vegetables or root mash. Most of the other meals I've ordered from here fill me up, but not this one, I'm left wanting more.