BBQ Pork sliders
Slow cooked shredded pork in a smoky BBQ sauce with chive cheddar coleslaw and fresh apple in soft slider buns
Microwave or Stovetop
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
690 calories per person
Mediterranean, Soya free
(3 sliders per person)
Oven for best results
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Remove film from tray, empty buns onto a flat baking tray (Ensure buns are defrosted.)
- Transfer sliders to a baking tray and warm through for 2-3 minutes or until warmed
- Remove sliders from oven and let stand for 1 minute. (to make it easier to slice neatly.)
- Slice in half horizontally ready to fill.
The Pork: Microwave
- Remove film from tray, remove all contents to leave an empty wooden tray with the paper liner.
- Open pack of BBQ pork & transfer to the empty wooden tray & microwave for 1-2 minutes or until piping hot
- Open pack of sticky pork & transfer to a pot on the stove with 1 tablespoon on water, mix well and warm through on a medium heat until piping hot.
The coleslaw & apple
- Mix the slaw with the chive & cheddar mayonnaise in a bowl
- Cut the apple into quarters and then each quarter into thin slices. (You'll only need half an apple for all the sliders)
- Place the warmed sliders, pork, coleslaw & slices apple in the centre of the table for self-assembly
Suggested assembly order: spoon 1 dessert spoon of BBQ pork into the bottom slider, top with a dessert spoon of coleslaw and then slices of apple.
To maximise freshness put the sliders in the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed outside of the fridge.
Slider buns, Apple, Pulled pork (All natural from United States), BBQ sauce, Mayonnaise reduced fat, Yogurt, Smoked cheddar, Green cabbage, Red cabbage, Carrot, Scallions,Chives, Extra virgin olive oil, Cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce.
Allergens: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Milk
Contains celery & mustard
Calories 690, Fat 25g, Saturated fat 6g, Carbohydrates 91g, Protein 25g, Fibre 2g, Sodium 1270mg
Approximately 230 calories per filled slider
This was so easy to prepare and is truly a restaurant quality.....I felt like I was in a BBQ restaurant.
These little guys are VERY good! The coleslaw is definitely unique, and the apple slices added a nice zip and crunch. I was surprised at how the apple slices complimented the entire slider. Will order these again.
It wasn't game day, but I pulled it together on a rainy Sunday. It's messy, so keep plenty of napkins to wipe up the sticky, sweet and tangy BBQ mess! The pulled pork is delicious, I steamed the buns for fluffiness, the slaw and the mayo are great, and the pickled onion - a great addition for acid, although I am an unforgivable soul and went for pickle instead. FUN meal, and truly a game day good eats. I think I'll order 3 in one order to serve some guests coming over for a game night - TV or board game fun, because these sliders hit every note - flavor, fun, satisfying, messy. Happy food! Summer in the middle of winter!
These simple little sliders are delicious. High-quality ingredients, very flavorful, and easy to make