Shrimps sauteed in smoky chili spices with homemade tomato & red pepper salsa, yogurt, avocado & slaw all served on soft corn tacos
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
700 calories per person
Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Soya Free, High in Fibre
Shrimps & tortillas suitable for home freezing
To maximise freshness put shrimps straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost as required in a few minutes in the microwave.
How to Cook (3 tacos per person)
1.Open pack of defrosted shrimps & drain off any liquid. Toss the shrimps in the spice chili coating & season with salt & pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan on a high heat and cook shrimps on each side for 2 minutes.
- How to warm through the tortillas
- For best results results stove top or oven
- (Heating corn tortillas makes them malleable, too little heating can result in cracking)
- On stove top: Heat tortillas in a dry frying pan over a high heat for a few seconds on each side.
- In the oven: Preheat oven to 300F. Wrap all 6 tortillas in foil all together, place in oven for 6-8 minutes or until warmed through.
- Microwave: Place all 6 tortillas on a plate fanned out & microwave for 45 seconds
- Slice the avocado and lime into 6 pieces.
- To serve put all the ingredients in the centre of the table to share for self-assembly.
- Suggested assembly: Spoon a teaspoon of the salsa & yoghurt together onto the bottom of each tortilla, followed by 3 shrimps, slices of avocado, slaw, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Shrimps (All natural hormone & antibiotic free, farmed in South East Asia), Avocado, Corn tortillas, Yogurt, Lime, Red pepper, Tomato, Olive oil, White cabbage, Red cabbage, Onion, Carrot, Cilantro, Scallions, Lime juice, Garlic, Sugar, Chili powder, Cumin, Smoked paprika, Coriander, Garlic powder, Ceyenne pepper, Chipotle powder, Red chili, Salt, Black pepper.
Allergens: Crustaceans, Dairy, Gluten
Calories 700, Fat 35g, Saturated fat 6g, Carbohydrates 66g, Protein 30g, Fibre 11g, Sodium 1200mg
Approximately 233 calories per filled taco
The shrimp tacos were delicious. I was happy to see the shrimp did not have any shell or "vein". The avocado was at perfect ripeness which is not easy to provide. I would order this again.
I loved this dish. I can’t do dairy but I’m sure it would have been even better with the yogurt sauce. Delicious. I appreciated the corn tortillas too since I am gluten and dairy free— Corn tortillas are always a bit more ‘breakable’ but I thought these ones are actually pretty good and good sized. I thought the portion size was good but my husband thought there should’ve been a little more shrimp
A really good Shrimp Taco meal . perfectly portioned and well put together ingredients.
Just needs some consistency on the quality ( condition) of the Avocado in the box .. Best to add it when it’s firm so it’s ready when the box is delivered . Out last meal the avocado was not edible.
This is my first meal with G&T; and my first meal prep kit ever! I enjoyed the tacos. Everything was fresh, even the avocado was perfectly ripe. Maybe it’s because I live down the street from where the meals are made but, yes, all of it was fresh. And the directions were clear and easy.
A few recos: the corn tortillas fall apart. Flour tortillas would probably be better for strength. Tip: I found that microwaving them helped a little in keeping them together (putting them on the stove and warming them in the oven dry them out so they crumble easier. The microwave retains their moisture).
And a personal preference: I wish the shrimp had been deveined.
I loved the spice, the cilantro-cabbage, the yoghurt, and the fresh avocado. It made for a healthy, light, tasty and spicy meal. This NYC Texan was happy and satisfied! Thanks, y’all!
This meal is easy to prepare and quite tasty. But the tortillas fell apart in our hands and we had a mess everywhere. Hardier tortillas would make this a 5 star dish.