Shrimps sauteed in smoky chili spices with homemade tomato & red pepper salsa, yogurt, avocado & slaw all served on soft corn tacos
5 days life on delivery
700 calories per person
Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Soya Free, High in Fibre
Shrimps & tortillas suitable for home freezing
To maximise freshness put shrimps straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost as required in a few minutes in the microwave.
How to Cook (3 tacos per person)
- Open pack of defrosted shrimps & drain off any liquid. Toss the shrimps in the spice chili coating & season with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on a high heat and cook shrimps on each side of fish for 2 minutes.
- How to warm through the tortillas
- For best results results stove top or oven
- On stove top: Heat tortillas in a dry frying pan over a high heat for a few seconds on each side.
- In the oven: Preheat oven to 300F. Wrap all 6 tortillas in foil all together, place in oven for 6-8 minutes or until warmed through.
- Microwave: Place all 6 tortillas on a plate fanned out, cover with a slightly damp paper towel & microwave for 1 minute or until warmed through.
- Slice the avocado and lime into 6 pieces.
- To serve put all the ingredients in the centre of the table to share for self-assembly.
- Suggested assembly: Spoon a teaspoon of the salsa & yoghurt together onto the bottom of each tortilla, followed by 3 shrimps, slices of avocado, slaw, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Shrimps (All natural hormone & antibiotic free, farmed in South East Asia), Avocado, Corn tortillas, Yogurt, Lime, Red pepper, Tomato, Olive oil, White cabbage, Red cabbage, Onion, Carrot, Cilantro, Scallions, Lime juice, Garlic, Sugar, Chili powder, Cumin, Smoked paprika, Coriander, Garlic powder, Ceyenne pepper, Chipotle powder, Red chili, Salt, Black pepper.
Allergens: Crustaceans, Dairy, Gluten
Calories 700, Fat 35g, Saturated fat 6g, Carbohydrates 66g, Protein 30g, Fibre 11g, Sodium 1200mg
Approximately 233 calories per filled taco
Great taste and combination. I will use less seasoning next time but it was very delicious. Love that it was yogurt to make the dish a bit lighter.
Didn’t care for the combination of flavors. Rather than yogurt I’d have preferred a cilantro or lime crema. Smoky seasoning on the shrimp also didn’t work for me.
Shrimp perfectly seasoned, yogurt, pepper and tomato salsa was a delicious combo. Avocado was perfectly ripe. Cabbage slaw added great crunch. We will definitely have this one again! Loved it!