Peri Peri chicken
Ready to pan-fry spicy peri peri chicken, served on red pepper and sweetcorn rice. Finished with fresh salsa and coleslaw
Stove top, Raw protein
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 5 days
560 calories per person
Mediterranean, Gluten free, Soy free, High in protein, High in fibre
Dairy free without pot of chive mayonnaise.
Suitable for home freezing except for mayonnaise and slaw.
For best results stovetop
- Coat defrosted chicken breasts in a bowl with peri peri spice blend, a tbsp of oil and season with salt. (If you don't like it too spicy, just add half the spice blend).
- Heat up frying pan on a medium heat on the stovetop and fry chicken for 3 minutes either side or until cooked through.
- Remove film from wooden tray, remove pot of red salsa, pot of chive mayonnaise and bag of slaw from tray. Leave greaseproof paper on top of the rice.
- Microwave tray of red pepper and sweetcorn rice for 3 minutes or until pipping hot.
- Open bag of slaw. Mix chive mayonnaise with slaw in a bowl. (Use less mayo if you prefer coleslaw drier)
- Serve peri peri spiced chicken on a bed of red pepper and sweetcorn rice, with the chive mayonnaise slaw, and dress with red salsa.
Chicken (All natural, hormone free from South East United states), Basmati rice, Cauliflower, Mayonnaise - Reduced fat, Yoghurt, Red pepper, Roasted red peppers, Red Onion whole, Sweetcorn, Garlic, Carrot, Red cabbage, White cabbage, Extra virgin olive oil, Tomato, Yellow pepper, Sunflower oil, Sugar, Paprika, Chives, Cilantro, Scallion, Smoked paprika, Coriander ground, Salt, Lemon, Turmeric, Red wine vinegar, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Red chilli, Oregano, Cayenne pepper, Black pepper, Ginger - ground, Oregano dried, Cardamom -ground
Allergens: Egg, Milk
Calories 560, Fat 21g, Saturated fat 3.5g, Carbohydrates 54g, Total sugars 10g, Protein 39g, Fibre 5g, Sodium 1140mg
Very flavorful, very easy. The rice seemed a bit gummy. I sprinkled a little water so it might steam and separate the grains, but that only helped a little. It was tasty nonetheless. Used half spice pack and that was just right for my spouse (and put a little more on my portion, as another reviewer suggested).
Quick meal, spicy but excellent quality.
This was a delicious meal. I used half of the Peri Peri seasoning to make sure the spice level was not above my husband's tolerance. I forgot I could use more on my portion. I will do that next time. I added onion powder and garlic powder to the rice based on comments from others that the rice was bland. I can't say that the additional seasonings were needed. I will have this again. I halved some cherry tomatoes and placed them with the slaw - this was excellent and there was enough mayonnaise to top them with. Love your portion sizes. For once when it says feeds two it actually does. I am used to having to add more because after I dish up my husband's share there is usuallly not enough for me. Thank you Georgie & Tom, keep it coming.
The chicken was good the spice mixture was tasty but I found the rice very dry and the salsa to thick and not flavorful.
Did not care for it. Chicken was too dry and cooking time for broccoli wasn't enough. 2 best meals so far were shrimp pad thai and sesame tuna.