Peri Peri chicken
Ready to pan-fry spicy peri peri chicken, served on red pepper and sweetcorn rice. Finished with fresh salsa and coleslaw
If you have received an order prior to the 13th of November you will have received our old recipe: for more information and cooking instructions please click here.
Stove top, Raw protein
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
600 calories per person
Mediterranean, Gluten free, Soy free, High in protein, High in fibre
Suitable for home freezing except for mayonnaise, slaw and cilantro.
- Remove defrosted chicken breasts from skin pack.
- Coat chicken breasts in peri peri spice blend and season with salt.
- Heat up frying pan with a tablespoon of oil on the stovetop and fry chicken for 3 minutes either side or until cooked through.
- Remove film from wooden tray, remove pot of red salsa, pot of chive mayonnaise and bag of slaw & cilantro from tray. Leave greaseproof paper on top of the rice.
- Microwave tray of red pepper and sweetcorn rice for 3 minutes or until pipping hot.
- Open bag of slaw, reserve the cilantro. Mix your preferred amount of chive mayonnaise with slaw in a bowl.
- Serve peri peri spiced chicken on a bed of red pepper and sweetcorn rice, with the chive mayonnaise slaw, dress with red salsa and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Chicken (All natural, hormone free from South East United states), Basmati rice, Cauliflower, Mayonnaise - Reduced fat, Yoghurt, Red pepper, Roasted red peppers, Red Onion whole, Sweetcorn, Garlic, Carrot, Red cabbage, White cabbage, Extra virgin olive oil, Tomato, Yellow pepper, Sunflower oil, Sugar, Paprika, Chives, Cilantro, Scallion, Smoked paprika, Coriander ground, Salt, Lemon, Turmeric, Red wine vinegar, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Red chilli, Oregano, Cayenne pepper, Black pepper, Ginger - ground, Oregano dried, Cardamom -ground
Allergens: Egg, Milk
Calories 600, Fat 23g, Saturated fat 4g, Carbohydrates 58g, Total sugars 10g, Protein 39g, Fibre 6g, Sodium 1070mg
I was scared to try this based on the reviews. Yes. It is spicy! Hot. I prepared myself with a side of sour cream in case I needed it, which, I did. Did not put salsa on top but used as a dip to get a tiny bit. It was good. was a nice change and I did enjoy ! Thanks for another non-routine meal. Can’t wait til single serve versions come out!
I’ve loved almost everything I’ve ordered but this one is a big no in my book. Too spicy and no flavor, maybe the spice is to hide no flavor. May be appealing to others, but unfortunately not for me:
I was excited to try something new, bur from the chicken, to the rice, to the salsa, it was all just too spicy. I feel the slaw was nor enough to cool the heat.
I like the spice. I like the rice. I had to pick out the cilantro(soapy). The chive mayo was not necessary.
The slaw seemed to be only enough for one person.
Actually it was spicy but we like spicy. My husband loved it , I liked it. I followed directions and the chicken was moist and delicious. I wasn’t a fan of the rice and would like more vegetables. Chive Mayo not necessary.
Would get again ..