Chicken breast in spicy honey harissa marinade with chickpeas, Moroccan vegetables, feta, lemon & mint
Stove Top, Raw protein
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
500 calories per person
Mediterranean, Carb conscious, Gluten free, Soy free, High in protein, High in fibre
Dairy free without pot of feta.
Suitable for home freezing, with the exception of the mint & lemon
- Remove all items from the wooden tray, leaving the greaseproof paper & vegetables. Microwave for 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Heat oil in large frying pan on a medium heat. Season chicken with salt & pepper on both sides, fry
chicken on one side for 2 minutes.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Turn the chicken over to cook on other side and at the same time add cherry tomato halves & chickpeas to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes squashing the tomatoes to release their juice.
- Smear 1 teaspoon of harissa over both sides of both chicken breasts, adding excess harissa to the pan, mix to coat the tomatoes & chickpeas. Squeeze over juice of half a lemon, mix well & cook for a further 1 minute. Check chicken is cooked through.
- To serve divide vegetables between 2 plates, top with chicken & chickpeas. Crumble over feta &
Chicken breast (All natural hormone free from South Eastern United States), Red bell pepper, Chickpeas, Yellow bell pepper, Red onion, Tomato, Lemon, Feta, Harissa paste, Olive oil, Honey, Lemon juice, Garlic, Mint, Coriander seeds, Caraway seeds, Ground coriander, Cumin seeds, Smoked paprika, Salt, Ground cumin, Black pepper
Dairy free if served without the feta
Calories 500g , Fat 24g, Saturated fat 5g, Carbohydrates 31g, Total sugars 13g, Protein 40g, Fibre 6g, Sodium 570mg
I was prepared for this meal to be uber spicy based on reviews, but this was just a hint of hot and perfect for me. I'm thinking they have adjusted the spice level because I have a fairly low threshold for hot foods and this was just right. I will be ordering it again. Nice portion size too.
We loved this but we love spicy and it is. I waited the peppers and onions not microwave but I don’t microwave vegetables in general.
Anyway every part of this was tasty.. good combination of flavors.
My husband said at the end of this dinner “ we are so lucky to have found this service”. We have tried many and find this so creative and good…
This was a dish with lots of flavor and interesting ingredients. We are not fans of mint so we leave it out. This is at the very top of my spice limit. I liked it and would get it again.
I'm trying to choose new meals every week but it's going to be hard not to put this one on repeat. True, it's spicy, but there's a smidge of sweetness to cool it down and it's just, I don't know... WOW! Chickpeas have never tasted this good. Lucky it's only 500 calories b/c I don't think I'm going to be able to split this one into 2 meals.
If you do not like spicy do not pick this meal! The tomatoes give it the right cut of flavor. If I had it again I would cook the veggies with the rest of the dish. Very yummy.