Cod, chorizo & chickpea
Cod in a smoky tomato sauce with chorizo, chickpeas & seasonal greens
Stove Top or Microwave, Raw protein
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
500 calories per person
Low calorie, Carb conscious, Mediterranean, Gluten free, Soy Free, Dairy free, High in Protein, High in Fibre
Suitable for home freezing
To maximise freshness put the raw cod straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
For best results stovetop cod
- Pat defrosted cod fillets dry on paper towel. Season cod with salt & pepper
- Heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp of oil, add chorizo & cook for 2 - 3 minutes until it releases its oils. Add cod & cook for 4 minutes on 1 side. Turn cod over to cook on the other side, & cook for a further 4- 5 minutes or until cod is cooked
- Remove the lid from the pot of smokey sauce & place back on loosely. Remove film from tray, add 1 tbsp of water to seasonal greens. Microwave pot of sauce & tray of vegetables together on high for 3-4 minutes or until cooked. Alternatively steam the vegetables over a pot of boiling water or pan fry in oil on the stovetop.
- Serve cod on a bed of smokey sauce with vegetables on the side.
- Pat defrosted cod fillets dry on paper towel. Season cod with salt & pepper.
- Remove film from tray, reserve chorizo and place cod on top of seasonal greens, cover with plastic wrap.
- Remove lid of pot of smokey sauce, add chorizo and place lid back on loosely.
- Place pot of smokey sauce and tray of cod and seasonal greens in microwave together and cook for 5 minutes. Serve cod on a bed of smokey sauce with vegetables on the side.
- For best results when stovetop cooking, use a non-stick frying pan to prevent cod fillets from sticking.
- Our Cod fillets are hand-cut so cooking time may vary. You can check your cod is cooked by ensuring it reaches 145F.
Cod (long line caught, wild Alaskan, MSC certified),Tomatoes, Haricot vert, Chickpeas, Tomato, Chorizo, Kale, Red bell pepper, Onion, Yellow bell pepper, Slow roast tomato paste, Carrot, Olive oil, Garlic, Smoked paprika, Agave syrup, Red chilli flakes, Basil, Oregano, Salt, Black pepper, Rosemary, Thyme
Calories 500, Fat 30g, Saturated fat 5g, Carbohydrates 21g, Total sugars 8g, Protein 36g, Fibre 6g, Sodium 490mg
We really enjoyed this meal, but I could not give it 5 stars because the photo and cooking instructions were a bit misleading. The photo shows cherry tomatoes on the vine atop the cod, with the sauce and SLICES of chorizo under it. The chorizo I received was in small dice, not slices, and there were no cherry tomatoes. Instructions said to top the fish with the smoky tomato sauce (which was a tomato-based sauce with red and yellow peppers and chickpeas) so the finished product looked little like the photo. I also sautéed the green beans and kale as another poster suggested and they were great. All-in-all, the meal was delicious and I will definitely reorder.
This won’t be a repeat dish for me. I cooked things a bit differently — I sautéed the green beans and kale to add flavor instead of steaming them — but the flavors never really came together. I squeezed out as much water as I could from the cod but it was still tough to get it good a sear. I had to add a lot of extra salt and seasoning.
Love this dish, but not a fan of kale, spinach or any leafy green vegetables. More green beans, no kale would have elevated this dish ( and every dish that kale mix shows up in). In a perfect world, we’d be able to select a vegetable preference, and more variety in terms of veggies would be great— brussels, broccoli, zucchini???
Nice balance of flavor not a fan of the kale. It was very easy to cook nicely packed definitely enough for two.
This was the first meal from my first delivery, and… I’m impressed! A fresh and healthy meal packed with lots of flavor with the perfect amount of “kick!”