Cod, chorizo & chickpea
Cod in a smoky tomato sauce with chorizo, chickpeas & seasonal greens
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
440 calories per person
Low calorie, Carb conscious, Mediterranean, Gluten free, Soya Free, Dairy free, High in Protein, High in Fibre
Suitable for home freezing
To maximise freshness put the raw cod straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
- Cut the cod into 2 thick chunky pieces, season with salt & pepper
- Heat a large frying pan, add chorizo & cook for 2 - 3 minutes until it releases its oils. Add cod & cook for 4 minutes on 1 side
- Turn cod over to cook on the other side, pour pot of smokey sauce over cod, put a lid on the frying pan and cook for a further 4- 5 minutes or until cod is cooked
- Add 1 tablespoon of water to seasonal greens, microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Alternatively steam the vegetables over a pot of boiling water on the stovetop.
- Serve cod & sauce with vegetables.
Cod (Alaskan, Pacific ocean wild long line caught),Tomatoes, Haricot vert, Chickpeas, Tomato, Chorizo, Kale, Red pepper, onion, yellow pepper, Slow roast tomato paste, Carrot, Olive oil, Garlic, Smoked paprika, Agave syrup, Red chili flakes, Basil, Oregano, Salt, Black pepper, Rosemary, Thyme
Calories 440, Fat 23g, Saturated fat 4.5g, Carbohydrates 22g, Protein 36g, Fibre 6g, Sodium 600mg
I had just gotten back from Basque country in Spain, and I am a tried and true Puerto Rican mom. The fish portion was perfect, and the sauce was delicious. BUT, I think a bit oregano-heavy which made it more Italian forward/spaghetti sauce flavor. Maybe because I was captivated by the Basque sauce which also has piquillo or roasted peppers cooked into the sauce. I actually make Vizcaina sauce and I think G&T can come up with a Basque-like version very easily. That said, making everything from scratch is time-consuming so having the G&T dish for preparing quick meals when I am pressed for time is a luscious and restaurant-quality back up at a very reasonable price. I would suggest, however to make sure you season the fish before giving it the quick pan fry. Garlic powder in addition to the salt and pepper works well with the sauce! Fast, easy, elegant and DELICIOUS
The dish was delicious and would order again but the greens were very old , yellow to to exact , so we took them out and used our own .
Fish was flaky and meaty and mild. the sauce was nicely smoky and spicy with the chorizo flavor. plus veggies on the side. also fast and easy.
I really liked the sauce and the cod tasted fresh (i.e. no fishy smell). Will reorder the dish soon!
I absolutely love this dish, I can eat every day. The smoky flavor is not overwhelming but complements of fish.