Cod, chorizo & chickpea
Cod in a smoky tomato sauce with chorizo, chickpeas & seasonal greens
Stove Top or Microwave, Raw protein
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
500 calories per person
Low calorie, Carb conscious, Mediterranean, Gluten free, Soya Free, Dairy free, High in Protein, High in Fibre
Suitable for home freezing
To maximise freshness put the raw cod straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
For best results stovetop
- Season cod with salt & pepper
- Heat a large frying pan with a tbsp of oil, add chorizo & cook for 2 - 3 minutes until it releases its oils. Add cod & cook for 4 minutes on 1 side
- Turn cod over to cook on the other side, pour pot of smokey sauce over cod, put a lid on the frying pan and cook for a further 4- 5 minutes or until cod is cooked
- Add 1 tbsp of water to seasonal greens, microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Alternatively steam the vegetables over a pot of boiling water on the stovetop. Serve cod & sauce with vegetables.
- Remove film from tray reserve chorizo and place cod on top of seasonal greens - season with salt and pepper and cover with plastic wrap.
- remove lid of pot of smokey sauce, add chorizo and place lid back on loosely. Place pot of smokey sauce and tray of cod and seasonal greens in microwave and cook for 5 minutes. Serve cod & sauce with vegetables.
Cod (Alaskan, Pacific ocean wild long line caught),Tomatoes, Haricot vert, Chickpeas, Tomato, Chorizo, Kale, Red bell pepper, Onion, Yellow bell pepper, Slow roast tomato paste, Carrot, Olive oil, Garlic, Smoked paprika, Agave syrup, Red chilli flakes, Basil, Oregano, Salt, Black pepper, Rosemary, Thyme
Calories 500, Fat 30g, Saturated fat 5g, Carbohydrates 21g, Total sugars 8g, Protein 36g, Fibre 6g, Sodium 490mg
Nice balance of flavor not a fan of the kale. It was very easy to cook nicely packed definitely enough for two.
This was the first meal from my first delivery, and… I’m impressed! A fresh and healthy meal packed with lots of flavor with the perfect amount of “kick!”
I really had a hard time eating the Cod, consistency was soupy. Also , chorizo with it was an odd taste. I would not order this again. I always have to add this food service is, by far, the best I have had and I have tried a lot. Most of the time we are thrilled that we found it.
I really enjoyed this flavorful dish. It took only minutes to prepare. The cod was fresh -yum- and I sautéed the fresh green beans and kale instead of microwaving. I love the rich tomatoey sauce , with chickpeas and the sautéed chorizo perfectly seasoned the sauce and cod. I served with crusty garlic bread- yum yum.
Would do again