Cod, chorizo & chickpea
Cod in a smoky tomato sauce with chorizo, chickpeas & seasonal greens
Stove Top or Microwave, Raw protein
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
530 calories per person
Low calorie, Carb conscious, Mediterranean, Gluten free, Soy Free, Dairy free, High in Protein, High in Fibre
Suitable for home freezing
To maximise freshness put the raw cod straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
For best results stovetop cod
- Pat defrosted cod fillets dry on paper towel. Season cod with salt & pepper
- Heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp of oil, add chorizo & Add cod & cook for 4 minutes on 1 side. Turn cod over to cook on the other side, & cook for a further 4- 5 minutes or until cod is cooked and chorizo is caramelised.
- Remove the lid from the pot of smokey sauce & place back on loosely. Remove film from tray, add 1 tbsp of water to seasonal greens. Microwave pot of sauce & tray of vegetables together on high for 3-4 minutes or until cooked. Alternatively steam the vegetables over a pot of boiling water or pan fry in oil on the stovetop.
- Serve cod on a bed of smokey sauce with vegetables on the side.
- Pat defrosted cod fillets dry on paper towel. Season cod with salt & pepper.
- Remove film from tray, reserve chorizo and place cod on top of seasonal greens, cover with plastic wrap.
- Remove lid of pot of smokey sauce, add chorizo and place lid back on loosely.
- Place pot of smokey sauce and tray of cod and seasonal greens in microwave together and cook for 5 minutes. Serve cod on a bed of smokey sauce with vegetables on the side.
- For best results when stovetop cooking, use a non-stick frying pan to prevent cod fillets from sticking.
- Our Cod fillets are hand-cut so cooking time may vary. You can check your cod is cooked by ensuring it reaches 145F.
Cod (long line caught, wild Alaskan, MSC certified),Tomatoes, Zucchini, Broccoli, Chickpeas, Cherry Tomatoes, Chorizo, Red pepper, Onion, Yellow pepper, Slow roast tomato paste, Carrot, Olive Canola oil blend, Garlic, Smoked paprika, Agave syrup, Red chili flakes, Basil, Salt, Black pepper, Rosemary, Oregano dried, Thyme, dried
Calories 530, Fat 31g, Saturated fat 5g, Carbohydrates 21g, Total sugars 8g, Protein 42g, Fibre 6g, Sodium 510mg
We've had this a few times, gave it a thumbs up on our (very short) preferences list. But tonight I made it again and the sauce was so hot we couldn't eat it. We remember the sauce being smoky, as described. Tonight, no discernable smoke flavor, just hot, Hot, HOT!
We couldn't eat most of it, 'cause our mouths were on fire. We've taken it off our preferences list.
This was interesting-good flavors, but it seemed an odd mix at times. The cod was great. Good dish-but wouldn't order this one again. I appreciate the creativity with the combo-just not for us. Thanks!
High quality fish and great flavor in the sauce. Came together easily. Would def order again.
I used the microwave instructions, was quick easy and delicious. However I would say the photo is misleading with the roasted cherry tomatoes and chorizo rings. However still very tasty.
I'm not a fan of kale but I know how good it is for you. I actually enjoyed it in this dish. I steamed the veggies a bit but then added them to the pan with the fish along with the smokey sauce. One pot meal with great flavors.
I will be ordering this one again.