Fajita marinated chicken strips with avocado, corn, tomato and lime salsa all wrapped up in whole grain tortillas
Stove Top, Raw protein
Shelf-life: Delivery plus 5 days
750 calories per person
Mediterranean, Soy Free, High in Protein, High in Fibre
Dairy free without pot of yoghurt.
Marinated chicken & tortillas suitable for home freezing
(2 tortillas per person)
- Slice each chicken breast into 6 even strip & tumble strips in the Fajita spice mix.(Use less spice mix if you don't like spicy)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan on a high heat, add fajita spiced chicken strips & red & yellow peppers, season with salt & pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables have softened.
- To warm the tortillas fan them out on a plate & microwave for 30 seconds. Alternatively you can wrap all 4 tortillas together in aluminium foil and heat in a preheated oven at 350oF for 6-8 minutes or heat tortillas in a dry frying pan over a high heat for a few seconds on each side
- Corn & tomato salsa:Open pot of corn, tip into a bowl, finely dice red onion, chop tomatoes and mix with the corn. Squeeze half a lime over the corn tomato salsa and mix.
- Slice the avocado, slice the remaining half of lime into 4 pieces.
- Suggested assembly: Spoon yoghurt down the centre of the tortilla followed by the corn & tomato salsa, the cooked chicken & peppers, slices of avocado, cilantro and a squeeze remaining lime
Chicken breast (All natural hormone free, from south eastern United States), Avocado, Whole wheat tortillas, Yogurt, Lime, Sweetcorn, Tomato, Red bell pepper, Yellow bell pepper, Red onion, Scallions, Olive oil, Garlic, Cilantro, Chilli powder, Cumin, Smoked paprika, Coriander, Garlic powder
Allergens: Dairy, Gluten
Calories 750, Fat 29g, Saturated fat 8g, Carbohydrates 66g, Total sugars 9g, Protein 57g, Fibre 19g, Sodium 660mg
Approximately 188 calories per filled tortilla
I am so happy I found this meal plan. Every lower sodium meal we’ve tried is better than the last. Chicken fajitas was no exception.
This was good....but here's how to go next-level:
- tortillas on hot dry frying pan. Have them blister, slightly.
- make some fresh guac as a topper, or buy some (and some Late July chips on the side to sop up the goodness). OR use their yogurt - both help "cool down" the temp of the fajita spices (not a bad thing)
- roughly chop peppers (they are too big "as-is")
- cut up chicken in much smaller pieces. Think about what size you want in the fajita.
- Pinot Noir. Yeah I know a "red" with chicken (weird) but it pairs phenomenally well esp w/the great fajita spices they provide (yum). We used Willowbrook from Sonomoa, 2021. $19. Decant for 30 min in the fridge. You're welcome. Cheers.
Easy and quick ….. that’s it
I didn't find these to be very spicy but I only used about half of the seasoning blend on the chicken. I think they could be improved with a little flavor in the yogurt but overall, one of our favorites so far and will definitely order again!
A little spicy for me, but my husband liked this!!! enjoyed the whole wheat tortillas.