Roasted garam masala chicken with fragrantly spiced biryani rice and cumin roasted root vegetables. Finished with toasted nuts, homemade coconut a cilantro chutney and a squeeze of lemon.
Microwave or Stovetop
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
660 calories per person
High in Protein, High in Fibre, Gluten Free, Soy free, Dairy free
Suitable for home freezing apart from coconut and cilantro chutney, lemon and cilantro.
For Best Results: Stovetop
1. Place a non-stick pan on the stove top and heat on a medium heat.
2. Remove film from tray, reserve coconut and cilantro chutney, cilantro, lemon & and sachet of toasted nuts & seeds for later use. Tip the biryani rice mix, vegetables, and chicken into the pan and cook for 6 minutes or until cooked through. (Gently stir to stop from sticking).
3. Cut lemon into quarters. Serve between two bowls with a squeeze of quarter lemon, toasted nuts & seeds and a spoonful of chutney and cilantro chutney.
1. Remove film from tray, reserve coconut and cilantro chutney, cilantro, lemon, and sachet of toasted nuts & seeds for later use.
2. Transfer remaining ingredients from tray into a microwavable bowl, mix well.
3. Microwave on high (1250W) for 5 minutes. (Stir halfway after 2.5 minutes)
4. Cut lemon into quarters. Serve between two bowls with a squeeze of quarter lemon, toasted nuts & seeds and a spoonful of chutney and cilantro chutney.
Chicken (All natural, hormone free from South East United states), Carrot, Lemon, Basmati rice, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Cauliflower, Chickpeas, Olive oil, Ginger, Onion, Cilantro, Sunflower oil, Apricots dried, Dates, Sultanas, Cashew nuts, Desiccated coconut, Garlic, Lemon zest, Almonds, Lime juice, Mint, Sunflower seeds, Sugar light brown, Salt, Pumpkin seeds, Garam masala, Lemon juice, Cumin seeds, Turmeric, Cardamom, Coriander seeds, Fennel seeds, Paprika, Red chili flakes, Cinnamon, Chilli powder, Curry leaves, Black pepper
660 cals, Fat 28g, Sat Fat 6g, Protein 35g, Fibre 9g, Carbohydrates 68g, Total sugars 18g, Sodium 810mg
Of all meals ordered to date this was one of the least appealing. Actually was kind of boring, didn’t have the taste stimulation meals usually have, additional it was too dry. Would not order again.
The meal is well seasoned but oo dry (even though I tried to add moisture while cooking in the pan) and also could have benefitted from a side of mango chutney that was of thick consistency. I ate it but I won't order it again.
Sometimes my tummy doesn't agree with very saucy indian food. This made me feel great, and had great seasoning! Absolutely loved it, especially the toasted seeds and cilantro chutney. Wish there was even more fresh cilantro, but I am a freak for cilantro! Will definitely order again.
This was good except for my chicken came out a little bit dry. Probably my fault. Will try it again.
Not at all authentic or even close to a biryani.
Risotto instead is super good.