Shrimps roasted in smoky chilli spices with our signature red salsa, chive mayonnaise, avocado & slaw all served on soft flour tortillas.
Oven, Raw protein
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
760 calories per person
Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Soya Free, High in Fibre
Tortillas suitable for home freezing
To maximise freshness put shrimps straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost as required in a few minutes in the microwave.
How to Cook (3 tacos per person)
For best results use Oven
- Heat oven to 350F
- Open pack of defrosted shrimps & drain off any liquid. Toss the shrimps in the spice chilli coating & season with salt & pepper and place on a baking tray.
- Cook for 8 minutes in oven.
For best results results oven (Heating corn tortillas makes them malleable, too little heating can result in cracking)
- In the oven: Preheat oven to 350F. Wrap all 6 tortillas in foil all together, place in oven for the last 8 minutes with shrimp or until warmed through.
- Microwave: Place all 6 tortillas on a plate fanned out & microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds
- Slice the avocado
- To serve put all the ingredients in the centre of the table to share for self-assembly.
- Spoon a teaspoon of the Chive mayonnaise onto the bottom of each tortilla, followed by 3 shrimps, slices of avocado, slaw, red salsa and finish with cilantro
Shrimps (All natural hormone & antibiotic free, farmed in South East Asia), Avocados, raw - whole, wheat tortillas, Mayonnaise - Reduced fat, Yoghurt, Roasted red peppers, Red pepper, White cabbage, Red cabbage, Extra virgin olive oil, Tomato, Carrot, Red Onion whole, Chives, raw, Scallion, Cilantro, Smoked paprika, Garlic, Lemon, Sugar, Cumin, Red wine vinegar, Chilli powder, Coriander ground, Garlic powder, Salt, Red chilli, Oregano, Cayenne pepper, Chipotle powder, Black pepper.
Allergens: Crustaceans, Dairy, Egg, Gluten
Calories 760, Fat 42g, Saturated fat 6g, Carbohydrates 68g, Total sugars 6g, Protein 28g, Fibre 10g, Sodium 1390mg
Approximately 223 calories per filled taco
Really good easy to prepare
Overall this dish was pretty good. I found the shrimp spice to be very heavy and lacking in flavor (plenty of heat but not flavorful seasoning). We had plenty of shrimp and I found that 3 per taco was plenty and even adding 4-5 per taco we still had enough. I would have preferred flour tortillas just because they hold up better but corn is more 'authentic'. Overall, worth a try but I don't think we'll re-order this meal.
Need more shrimp for 2 people; spice was pleasant surprise
We really enjoyed this! The avocado was absolutely perfect, 3 shrimp per taco was more than adequate and the slaw was delish. Will definitely reorder in the future.