Chicken breast in honey harissa marinade with chickpeas, Moroccan vegetables, feta, lemon & mint
4 days life from delivery
540 calories per person
Mediterranean, Carb conscious, Gluten free, Soya free, High in protein, High in fibre
Suitable for home freezing, with the exception of the mint & lemon
To maximise freshness put the raw chicken straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
- Remove all items from the wooden tray, leaving the greaseproof paper & vegetables. Microwave for 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Heat oil in large frying pan on a medium heat. Season chicken with salt & pepper on both sides, fry
chicken on one side for 2 minutes.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Turn the chicken over to cook on other side and at the same time add cherry tomato halves & chickpeas to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes squashing the tomatoes to release their juice.
- Smear 1 teaspoon of harissa over both sides of both chicken breasts, adding excess harissa to the pan, mix to coat the tomatoes & chickpeas. Squeeze over juice of half a lemon, mix well & cook for a further 1 minute. Check chicken is cooked through.
- To serve divide vegetables between 2 plates, top with chicken & chickpeas. Crumble over feta &
Chicken breast (All natural hormone free from South Eastern United States), Red pepper, Chickpeas, Yellow pepper, Red onion, Tomato, Lemon, Feta, Harissa paste, Olive oil, Honey, Lemon juice, Garlic, Mint, Coriander seeds, Caraway seeds, Ground coriander, Cumin seeds, Smoked paprika, Salt, Ground cumin, Black pepper
Dairy free if served without the feta
Calories 540g , Fat 27g, Saturated fat 6g, Carbohydrates 35g, Protein 40g, Fibre 7g, Sodium 650mg
This chicken was sooo good. I only put 1/2 of the harissa sauce and it was just perfect. I wish I had kept the rest of the sauce for other dishes as it is very tasty, I will do so next time. It was flavorful and the vegetables complemented the chicken very well.
I am so glad G&T think bold. This is our favorite dish. Spicy but balanced with an outstanding flavor contrast and texture variety. Thank you.
I generally don't love peppers but the sweet crunchy yellow and red peppers were delicious and it was overall just a symphony of flavors and textures. I don't have a microwave so I sautéed the chicken, adding some marsala wine, nutmeg, dried rosemary, and half the harissa (having read someone complain it was too spicy.) I removed the chicken and sautéed all the vegetables except the kale in the juices and seasoning until they were just crunchy, removed the vegetables and added some cornstarch that had been mixed with a little cold water to the lan to thicken the sauce, which I poured over the chicken and veg, and the raw kale which was slightly wilted by the heat. Sprinkled on mint and feta. It was delicious. And so quick! For me, half the harissa was the right amount of spice and heat. The portions were substantial. Next time I might pound the chicken breasts to cook more evenly. This will definitely be a frequent dish for me!
Spicy, tangy and delicious...veggies go very well with the dish...thought mint and feta were unnecessary however...another amazing addition! Hats off to whoever came up with that harissa sauce.
Nice combination of spices and textures. A little spicier than I prefer, even so, very good.