Chicken breast in spicy honey harissa marinade with chickpeas, Moroccan vegetables, feta, lemon & mint
Stove Top, Raw protein
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 4 days
500 calories per person
Mediterranean, Carb conscious, Gluten free, Soya free, High in protein, High in fibre
Suitable for home freezing, with the exception of the mint & lemon
To maximise freshness put the raw chicken straight into the freezer on arrival. Defrost when needed in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
- Remove all items from the wooden tray, leaving the greaseproof paper & vegetables. Microwave for 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Heat oil in large frying pan on a medium heat. Season chicken with salt & pepper on both sides, fry
chicken on one side for 2 minutes.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Turn the chicken over to cook on other side and at the same time add cherry tomato halves & chickpeas to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes squashing the tomatoes to release their juice.
- Smear 1 teaspoon of harissa over both sides of both chicken breasts, adding excess harissa to the pan, mix to coat the tomatoes & chickpeas. Squeeze over juice of half a lemon, mix well & cook for a further 1 minute. Check chicken is cooked through.
- To serve divide vegetables between 2 plates, top with chicken & chickpeas. Crumble over feta &
Chicken breast (All natural hormone free from South Eastern United States), Red bell pepper, Chickpeas, Yellow bell pepper, Red onion, Tomato, Lemon, Feta, Harissa paste, Olive oil, Honey, Lemon juice, Garlic, Mint, Coriander seeds, Caraway seeds, Ground coriander, Cumin seeds, Smoked paprika, Salt, Ground cumin, Black pepper
Dairy free if served without the feta
Calories 500g , Fat 24g, Saturated fat 5g, Carbohydrates 31g, Total sugars 13g, Protein 40g, Fibre 6g, Sodium 570mg
If you do not like spicy do not pick this meal! The tomatoes give it the right cut of flavor. If I had it again I would cook the veggies with the rest of the dish. Very yummy.
I have had Harissa dishes with other meal preps but have never had it where my mouth was literally on fire. There really should be some direction to use to your taste. I refused to serve it to my husband and will not order it again.
Delicious! Heat was perfect. Maybe too many chickpeas.
Wish I had read the reviews before cooking, I would have gone easier on the sauce! My husband loved it but I found it a bit too spicy.
There's literally nothing bad I can say about this one. The portion size is one of the biggest. This dish has the perfect flavor pairings and the mint really seals the deal on this one for me. Super easy and quick to cook as well. This one is on regular rotation for me. DO NOT EVER take this off the menu!!