Roasted garam masala chicken with fragrantly spiced biryani rice and cumin roasted root vegetables. Finished with toasted nuts, homemade coconut a cilantro chutney and a squeeze of lemon.
If you have received an order prior to the 29th of January, you will have received our old recipe. We have since made some allergen updates. For more information and cooking instructions, please follow this link.
Microwave or Stovetop
Shelf-life: Day of delivery plus 5 days
660 calories per person
High in Protein, High in Fibre, Gluten Free, Soy free
Suitable for home freezing apart from coconut and cilantro chutney, lemon and cilantro.
For Best Results: Stovetop
1. Place a non-stick pan on the stove top and heat on a medium heat.
2. Remove film from tray, reserve coconut and cilantro chutney, cilantro, lemon & and sachet of toasted nuts & seeds for later use. Tip the biryani rice mix, vegetables, and chicken into the pan and cook for 6 minutes or until cooked through. (Gently stir to stop from sticking).
3. Cut lemon into quarters. Serve between two bowls with a squeeze of quarter lemon, toasted nuts & seeds and a spoonful of chutney and cilantro chutney.
1. Remove film from tray, reserve coconut and cilantro chutney, cilantro, lemon, and sachet of toasted nuts & seeds for later use.
2. Transfer remaining ingredients from tray into a microwavable bowl, mix well.
3. Microwave on high (1250W) for 5 minutes. (Stir halfway after 2.5 minutes)
4. Cut lemon into quarters. Serve between two bowls with a squeeze of quarter lemon, toasted nuts & seeds and a spoonful of chutney and cilantro chutney.
Chicken (All natural, hormone free from South East United states), Carrot, Lemon, Basmati rice, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Cauliflower, Chickpeas, Olive oil, Yoghurt, Onion, Cilantro, Ginger, Sunflower oil, Apricots dried, Dates, Raisins golden, Cashew nuts, Lemon zest, Desiccated coconut, Garlic, Almonds, Lime juice, Mint, Sunflower seeds, Salt, Sugar light brown, Garam masala, Pumpkin seeds, Sugar, Cumin seeds, Coriander ground, Cumin, Turmeric, Paprika, Cardamom, Coriander seeds, Fennel seeds, Chilli powder, Red chili flakes, Cinnamon, Curry leaves, Black pepper
Allergens: Milk, Treenuts
660 cals, Fat 28g, Sat Fat 6g, Protein 33g, Fibre 9g, Carbohydrates 69g, Total sugars 19g, Sodium 920mg
1 added some olive oil to pan since it seemed too dry then added some Italian salad dressing since sauce was terrible. Ate one half and threw rest away.
2. Rating should be less than 1 star
3 the only people that rated this 5 stars must be those that love terrible Indian food
Very interesting combination of ingredients and flavors. Simple preparation. Plentiful portion.
Ok so the pic shows large pieces of chicken and mine had rather small pieces, but lots of them. The spices were good and not too strong. I adored the cilantro chutney. Please build another recipe using that!
This dish just was not for us. It was easy to prepare but just wasn’t to our taste.
this might not be a traditional biryani, some of the ingredients seemed a bit like a Moroccan tagine: dried apricot, chickpeas. Nevertheless it added up to a delicious meal- we will order this again. As always there was enough food for two plus a wonderful lunch the next day.